Heli Bars on da Busa

I just got my busa last week. I've been riding street for almost 6 years at 21 yrs old. I also have over 125K miles on the bikes I have owned. This is my first sport bike and quite frankly, it's not all that comfortable for me. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the handling, LOVE the power, LOVE the looks and sound, but am not in love with the comfort factor. I am 6'5 and was wondering if anyone has tips on making it a bit more... well... upright without losing the handling. Do Heli bars make a good amount of difference? Has anyone tall mounted new pegs so their legs clear the cut in the tank? Any feedback would be appreciated

Previous bikes, SR 500 22K, XV 920 71K, ZRX 1100 37K

Thanks

John

I have the heli bars on my 2002 SE and I wouldn't ride without them. I rode the bike home without them and it is night and day difference. Several Busa owners have checked them out and are going to change to them . Just my .02

John, I'm also 6'5" and use the Heli-bars on my Busa! sebusa is correct, night and day difference between with and without. Don't know about the footpegs have heard several folks talk about this mod. Seems to be a personel choice............
Watch the classifieds and E-bay should be able to come across a deal.

I'm 6' 8". I haven't thought about raising the bars, but I may put some GSXR1100 foot pegs on my busa. There is a post that is active about doing it. It gives about an inch of extra room. The only other mod I have done to make the bike more comfortable is a double bubble windscreen.

JLMR,

I opted for the Gen Mar risers. They come in two heights, .75 " and 1.25". I went with the 1.25" and it made a the difference. With the Gen Mars, it's hard to tell that the bike did not come from the factory that way. The riser goes under the Hayabusa plate on the handle bars.

The only issue is that the bolts that come with the riser are too long and need to be cut down. The other item is the fact that the clutch line holder needs to be tweeked a bit to prevent kinking of the clutch line when applying full lock to the left.

Just my .02 cents

Stealth, the one and only.

coffeecup.gif

well a combined .08 so far makes me think about checking out the heli and the gen mar a little farther. I will also look into the gixxer pegs and see how those might work out for me. Thank everybody very much for yer help

-John

I have the heli bars on my 2002 SE and I wouldn't ride without them. I rode the bike home without them and it is night and day difference. Several Busa owners have checked them out and are going to change to them . Just my .02
<span style='color:darkblue'>SEBUSA,
How easy were they to install?  I wonder if installing these voids the warranty?</span>

I am 6'4. I have the Heli bars installed also with TL1000R foot pegs. I had the gix 750 foot pegs and didnt like the fact that they are not as long as the stock pegs or even the TL pegs. So I stuck with the TL pegs. Noticable difference in comfort

How easy were they to install?  I wonder if installing these voids the warranty?[/color]
Juggler, I just installed my bars yesterday. Fairly easy to do. Had a little trouble getting the balancer screws out though? Don't forget to relocate the choke cable as instructed. I tried to skip and had to go back and do it. Love the way it feels now.

Anyone had a chance to compare Genmar risers to Helibars? I'm leaning towards the Genmars (1 1/4" rise), but was wondering if the Helibars' 1/2" pullback and additional height are noticable?

MY GOD! since when di the Busa become a bike for giants!?! ;) :tounge: :D 6'2 6'4 6'8!!! sheeze!
I'm just a shrimpy ol 5'10 185 lbs Actually thats kinda tall for Hawaii. Remind me when we get together for a photo you guys should be sitting plz. :)

Back