Installing Heli Bars on 2011 Busa ... help ...

smartinez1984

Registered
Never replaced bars, ever, on any of the bikes I've had. Replaced tires, exhaust, etc. but never the bars. So, purchased the Heli Bars for my '11 Busa and just started to go over the process before getting started. I'm stuck from the get-go ...

How does one remove the damper weights from the end of the stock bars? Would be great to find a how-to that's a bit more descriptive than the accompanying instructions :) Thanks!

Allen head bolts on the bar ends, you may have plastic push in caps covering the allen bolt. If so, pop them out with a small flatblade screwdriver or pocket knife.
Allen bolts hold the bars in the top clamp too.
Phillips head screws hold the switch controls on each bar.
The throttle tube slides off the bar.
Given what you've already done, this really is an easy job, don't overthink it.:beerchug:
Here's the manual, it may help.

Service manuals for Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycles, free download of service manuals for your GSXR bikes

Heli bar installation was a breeze although I had to REALLY deviate from the instructions that come with the bars.... It still amazes me that such a small change in the shape & design of the bars make that much of a difference. I think they are aweomse ....

Back