Heated Helmet?

If I ever had a reason to heat anything in the helmet area it would be a defroster for the faceshield. My head has never really gotten cold, even riding in 15 deg temps (yes Fahrenheit) in Indiana but here in the Pacific Northwest my faceshield fogs up ALL the time. :banghead:

Same here... location and fogging.

I just got a Pinlock insert for my XR1R and I have to say that I like it a lot so far. No fogging whatsoever and since I dislike breath guards (dunno why?), I was thrilled to remove mine.

But hey, that's a different topic.

I dont see the point???? my head doesnt get cold when wearing a full face helmet and ive ridden snowmobiles in temps id never ride a bike in and head nvr gets cold. its my upper body that gets cold. even my legs dont really get cold.

when riding a snowmobile u r moving all over on a bike u r sitting still. that will help heat u up. but i dont see the need for a heated helmet. my neck and chin get cold but thats all

I don't think heat to the head is even necessary. With a normal balaclava I have never had a cold head even well below freezing. The real problem is the shield and air leaks around it. Fix that and you are onto something. But remember the main problem on the helmet in the cold is fogging. Even with sophisticated controls you know how hard it is to control fogging in a car right?

Found one, tryed it, start raining and... :laugh:

Visage 1.JPG

I thought I took things out of proportion sometimes :lol:. A balaclava works great for me, I don't think I'd risk the construction of my helmet for wires or tubes. About the fogging thing :banghead::banghead::banghead:. Anti-fog wipes work.... ish... to a point. Nothing is perfect (cept me, of course).

To Monoxide: I have 100100EFWS A/C installed on my bike! 100% A/C 100% of the time (Except For While Stopped) :lol:

Back