Heart Attack

He'll be the 6 million dollar man...or close...have to wait an see the bill first...

and...Google is still listening.
I mentioned a lunchbox to someone earlier...and this pops up
lol

Screenshot_20240111-131545_Facebook.jpg

I am back home now. In a recliner for a while until I can be able to get up on my own. Currently 100% depending on other. Really humbles you to the core. It has changed my perspective on quite a few things. I now look at each day with the determination of just one more. No matter what you are doing , do just one more. Lap around the house, just one more. If all you are able to do is bless someone, do just one more. I know this road will suck to recover but I got it in my head that it’s going to happen, so I’ll push through the pain and give every day, J1M

Thank you everyone for your well wishes and checking in on me. Some days that’s all the strength I could get up and drive motivation from.

I am back home now. In a recliner for a while until I can be able to get up on my own. Currently 100% depending on other. Really humbles you to the core. It has changed my perspective on quite a few things. I now look at each day with the determination of just one more. No matter what you are doing , do just one more. Lap around the house, just one more. If all you are able to do is bless someone, do just one more. I know this road will suck to recover but I got it in my head that it’s going to happen, so I’ll push through the pain and give every day, J1M

Thank you everyone for your well wishes and checking in on me. Some days that’s all the strength I could get up and drive motivation from.
Most of us reach the point of exactly what you say or don't wait until tomorrow. This is a total life change for you, but do your best to not take it too fast.

It sure puts things into perspective that's a fact right there...

Only to make you feel better one of my former colleagues who is the fittest person I know and was a real physical presence came down with some sort of ailment that the Drs can't figure out, they've treated him with all kinds of things including chemo...now he has a pacemaker and tells me his mental health is the biggest hurtle for him to get over.....

I have no doubt that you will get through this and be out annoying your neighbors on the big green machine playing your old guy music before you know it.....

Thanks everyone. Today’s a bit rough on the pain scale but I’ll persevere. Trying my dangdness not to rely on meds but it can be challenging. Some friends stopped by earlier and brought us dinner for tonight to include paper plates and plastic utensils so we had no cleanup. With good friends, warm socks and a fireplace right now, pain is just a reminder I am living.

Thanks everyone. Today’s a bit rough on the pain scale but I’ll persevere. Trying my dangdness not to rely on meds but it can be challenging. Some friends stopped by earlier and brought us dinner for tonight to include paper plates and plastic utensils so we had no cleanup. With good friends, warm socks and a fireplace right now, pain is just a reminder I am living.
When you get in pain, look back at the hard times you had in the army and be happy you aren't doing that again...

That's what gets me through some trying days.....

Don't be so anxious to swear off meds yet. Pain causes stress. Pain causes tension. You can't relax and you are always trying to fidget your positions to find relief. At this stage you need the least amount of stress, tension, muscle contractions you can.

Be a numb marshmallow for a day or so. You can rest better, relax the muscles and circulatory system better. Sleep is a recuperative gift. Use it.

Heart Blood GIF by Gifes Con Ensalada

feeling OK~ Jerry *

Update:

Got the news today that I no longer have a collapsed lung and no need for an additional surgery. That was such a relief to hear. On a side note, everything still taste horrible and I am down to 215 lb from the 235 lb I went into the hospital at. One day at a time.

Update:

Got the news today that I no longer have a collapsed lung and no need for an additional surgery. That was such a relief to hear. On a side note, everything still taste horrible and I am down to 215 lb from the 235 lb I went into the hospital at. One day at a time.
That's progress.....

Before you know it you will be out burning fossil fuel and making noise on the 'ol HD tractor.....

Back