Heart Attack

SSGT_B

Registered
Well it day 2 in the hospital. Waiting to go get a heart cath and either stints or possibly a bypass done. Woke up at 345 yesterday morning in severe pain. Honestly just thought I was hungry cause I hadn’t eaten since noon the day before. Fumbled downstairs for a piece of bread and sip of water but the pain just got worse. My wife was headed out to run so I called her to come back upstairs. She brought me to hospital where I’ve been since 0430 yesterday. The heart dr finally came in at 5pm and confirmed I had a heart attack. Some numbers they look for have gone from 4 to over 390 in a few hours. This leads me to now. I told my wife not to worry, heaven don’t want me and hells afraid I’ll take over. She’s not finding the amusement in that. So here’s the deal. If I go to Valhalla today, someone check in on her from time to time. I’m not planning on it, just checking off some boxes. Yall be good. Ps, bring pie ;)

Got pie?

IMG_0044.jpeg

Been there, my friend! I did not need a stint or major surgery, but I now live with heart failure. The muscles in my heart were so big from high BP that it wasn't pumping enough blood. Went into the hospital for two weeks with a BP of 260/190! Even had my heart stop in the hospital.

The good news is I live a very normal life now. I am 65 lbs lighter, eat really well (low carb/fat), and I'm in the best shape yet. The heart is an amazing muscle that will restore itself for the most part. Do what they tell you, take your meds, learn your limits, understand your body, and no cheating - you'll get this behind you in no time.

OK, "I can do this on three" ....

Rough way to start the year. But be thankful you can write about it. They are pretty good at the surgical remedies to fix this. You'll have about a year of follow-ups, that will decline over that year if you follow the program. Much to be thankful for.

Probably going to have less pie in your life from now on.

Well it day 2 in the hospital. Waiting to go get a heart cath and either stints or possibly a bypass done. Woke up at 345 yesterday morning in severe pain. Honestly just thought I was hungry cause I hadn’t eaten since noon the day before. Fumbled downstairs for a piece of bread and sip of water but the pain just got worse. My wife was headed out to run so I called her to come back upstairs. She brought me to hospital where I’ve been since 0430 yesterday. The heart dr finally came in at 5pm and confirmed I had a heart attack. Some numbers they look for have gone from 4 to over 390 in a few hours. This leads me to now. I told my wife not to worry, heaven don’t want me and hells afraid I’ll take over. She’s not finding the amusement in that. So here’s the deal. If I go to Valhalla today, someone check in on her from time to time. I’m not planning on it, just checking off some boxes. Yall be good. Ps, bring pie ;) Got pie?

View attachment 1675281
Well it day 2 in the hospital. Waiting to go get a heart cath and either stints or possibly a bypass done. Woke up at 345 yesterday morning in severe pain. Honestly just thought I was hungry cause I hadn’t eaten since noon the day before. Fumbled downstairs for a piece of bread and sip of water but the pain just got worse. My wife was headed out to run so I called her to come back upstairs. She brought me to hospital where I’ve been since 0430 yesterday. The heart dr finally came in at 5pm and confirmed I had a heart attack. Some numbers they look for have gone from 4 to over 390 in a few hours. This leads me to now. I told my wife not to worry, heaven don’t want me and hells afraid I’ll take over. She’s not finding the amusement in that. So here’s the deal. If I go to Valhalla today, someone check in on her from time to time. I’m not planning on it, just checking off some boxes. Yall be good. Ps, bring pie ;) Got pie? View attachment 1675281
Sad news but glad you’re the one telling us about it. Get well soon.
Wow glad you're still here to tell us about it. Get better soon we always need reminded about pie!

Hang in there, the technology and meds get better every year. I had a 5 way bypass 20 years ago and I still go to the gym and feel great. There are some amazing meds that will keep your ldl extremely low no matter what you eat. Find a good cardiologists and take care of yourself. Hope you can get by with stents.

Back