Headlights stopped working

xx2busa

Registered
I geared up to ride my normal commute with my busa when I noticed the high and low beams were not functioning. The low beam bulb looks ok from looking into the head light.... I find it hard to beleive that they burned out together. I have also checked the fuses and they were fine...all the other bulbs and lights on the bike are functioning and the bike runs good. My next thought is it could be the handle bar high/low switch. Any one else experience this? or have any more ideas?

Mr Bogus

Trouble Makers Inc.
Donating Member
Registered
a voltmeter would be nice... need to start at the fuse box first make sure it is live, work your way out..

xx2busa

Registered
OK, I think my father and I may have found the problem. It looks like there is a relay next to the fuse box under the left handle bar. Does anybody know for a fact if that relay controls the headlights as well?

flybybusa

Rider formerly known as wingding
Donating Member
Registered
both bulbs could have burned out at the same time and you won't necessarily be able to see it by looking in through the glass. They are easy to remove. I'd check it out before you tear your bike apart. My .02

xx2busa

Registered
its an 05....At this point the bike is torn apart looking for the problem. The side panels and the nose are off. Both bulbs are good, the fuses are good the high/low switch is good as well as the flash to pass switch. Where is the switch that kills the lights during starter push?

Mr Bogus

Trouble Makers Inc.
Donating Member
Registered
I do not think that "light kill" came in until 06? could be wrong but was sure I read that somewhere.. how close have you looked at the connectors to the lights themselves? if they both quit at the same time, that would seem to mean either the "main" power feed OR a bad ground... are you getting any voltage at all at the lights?

where does the voltage quit? trace backwards through the light system...

BusaWhipped

Donating Member
Registered
I do not think that "light kill" came in until 06?  could be wrong but was sure I read that somewhere..  how close have you looked at the connectors to the lights themselves?   if they both quit at the same time, that would seem to mean either the "main" power feed OR a bad ground...  are you getting any voltage at all at the lights?  

where does the voltage quit?  trace backwards through the light system...
The 05s have it. I don't remember if 05 or 04 was the first year.

xx2busa

Registered
Forgot to update this. The exact problem was never really found but my dad ran a bypass wire in the handle bar switch area. So the lights operate fine after that but the drawback is when I hit the starter button they do not momentarily turn off anymore. Maybe this helps someone else:thumbsup:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
rubbersidedown Along the same sort of lines as LPSL's is...HEADLIGHTS Random Thoughts 8
E no headlights Busa problems 17
Blacksmith KTmoto headlights? Gen II Busa Information 10
SSGT_B Any Good LED Headlights? H7 - 9005 General Bike Related Topics 7
chrisjp GSXRHP PLUG AND PLAY LED HEADLIGHTS AND TURN SIGNAL KIT REVIEW (GEN2) Appearance mods 55
Deep6 Are HID’s still the best option for headlights Electrical Mods 44
F Headlights Busa Mods 14
S My 2006 Busa Won't Start After Changing Headlights Busa problems 5
Valingt 2003 Headlights Will Not Come On Busa problems 40
InfiniteReality Do Not Buy 08-up Chinese Headlights General Bike Related Topics 5
MR Felt I have to turn the key on and off repeadly to get headlights to come on? Busa problems 21
M Connecting both headlights to the high beam toggle. Help? General Bike Related Topics 16
sk8snw8s Running Lights Connector near front headlights, Question? General Bike Related Topics 8
U Headlights General Bike Related Topics 3
captain Different types of headlights.. General Bike Related Topics 6
Defiant Headlights not working? HID? General Bike Related Topics 11
Leatherneck Headlights in the air ducts -anyone tried it? Appearance mods 30
busamark1 xenon headlights General Bike Related Topics 11
B Headlights General Bike Related Topics 16
bobber H.I.D headlights Electrical Mods 9
erikm12 Adjusting headlights keep em both on? Gen II Busa Information 2
V Headlights off when starting? Busa problems 10
dewie aiming headlights General Bike Related Topics 7
SavoBusa Plastic Polishing (Headlights) Random Thoughts 5
B Question about headlights Gen II Busa Information 17
G 08 Headlights Gen II Busa Information 6
smonroe86 installed my new headlights today General Bike Related Topics 14
smonroe86 stock headlights General Bike Related Topics 17
A HID headlights, turns off on start up Busa Mods 15
H Aftermarket headlights Appearance mods 1
K Changing the headlights is a pain Busa Mods 9
K Plasma glow headlights General Bike Related Topics 10
I Led headlights coming? General Bike Related Topics 0
DNGrumpy Help, Headlights work without the gauges? General Bike Related Topics 3
M HID Headlights General Bike Related Topics 33
R Headlights Busa problems 11
busabrian hid  headlights Random Thoughts 12
I SMOKED TURN SIGNAL, TAIL LIGHTS, HEADLIGHTS General Bike Related Topics 7
Big Sloppy Adjusting the headlights New Owners Forum 5
fatjap HEADLIGHTS General Bike Related Topics 10
drewwerd13 Xenon Headlights Busa Mods 8
Lumpy Headlights General Bike Related Topics 3
B Headlights don't work Busa problems 10
O Are the headlights relayed? General Discussion 1
G Pipe, neon lights, xenon headlights! any HAYABUSA owners in DES PLAIN Modifications & Aftermarket Equipment 3
O Xenon headlights for Busa?? General Discussion 1
G Brighter headlights? General Discussion 17
O Thank god (well Suzuki at least) for twin bulb headlights! General Discussion 12
O Night Riding (headlights) General Discussion 12
O Headlights Modifications & Aftermarket Equipment 4