head lights are mot working..

shawnski

Donating Member
Registered
just noticed today that both my low beam and high beam are not working, the high beam blue indicator in instrument panel is not coming on either and the pass switch either... i checked the fuse box and looks good and i checked both light bulbs they seem to be ok.. the previous owner had the blue light bulbs on both high and low beam and they were working before!!
any ideas what might be wrong?????
by the way the signal lights are both functioning and rear light and brake light!

Even though I am capable of taking my Busa down to almost the last nut and bolt, when it comes to electrics, I go to someone who specializes in troubleshooting. Just like my home....I'll install track lighting or a dedicated 240v line, but if the issue is something mysterious in the circuit breaker box, I'll spend the money for an electrician! For me, you got to "know when to hold 'em and know when to fold 'em! Once you check the obvious and still no luck....kick it up to someone who does it for a living! (and then watch em if you can so you learn for next time). Raydog

i agree.. i did the basics.. not sure what to do next.. i can probably make things worse:laugh:
just curious if anyone had the same problem and what was the problem..

I agree with Doyle... Sometimes you just need to see somebody. If I can make a recommendation, on the left side of the bike, just under the upper, there is a main harness connector, it is yellow in color and it is pretty large; hard to miss. You may want to try and disconnect it and then reconnect to ensure a solid connection. Flash to pass and the headlight goes through that harness and if the fuses are good, then you might have a loose connection there. Just a thought.

Shawn

I agree with Doyle... Sometimes you just need to see somebody. If I can make a recommendation, on the left side of the bike, just under the upper, there is a main harness connector, it is yellow in color and it is pretty large; hard to miss. You may want to try and disconnect it and then reconnect to ensure a solid connection. Flash to pass and the headlight goes through that harness and if the fuses are good, then you might have a loose connection there. Just a thought.

Shawn

ok i will.. thanks

Shawn
Or the main nose connector right there also, it is smaller than the Yellow, and its clear in color

i tried unplug and plug back... no luck!! oh well take it to the local shop this week see what's up!!:banghead:
i let you all know!

UPDTATE

for the ones that interested to know the problem is fixed.. after taking it to local shop they diagnosed the problem and believe it or not it was the right ignition switch!!!!! the wires were fried and had to be replaced.. it is the ignition wiring when you push to start is connected to headlites to turn it off to save on battery..
in all the places i would have never thought it will be that one!! oh well.. it is working now!!

Thanks for the update. I always like to hear what the fix was and most people never turn with an update.

Back