Low Beam Out

jrmsr

Registered
I won't be home until weekend, low beam went out.  High beam works.  Put in new 55W bulb for low beam, still does not come on.  Forgot to see if it comes on with high beam, think it does.  Will check when I get new battery I need too.

don't have schematic or book, anyone have idea of what could go wrong with just low beam.  
Single fuse for just low beam?
relay for just low beam?
hope its not the handlebar switch

Jim Morrow
Union, MO
'00' BUSA

I suppose you chould check the fuse.... I dont think its anything to do with the switch!!
smile.gif

Under the left inner by the gauge cluster.
 Hope the cages give me some slack with the Bright on all the time (G).
If this ever happens again to you...or anybody else, and you don't want to look like a dic to the cages(with yer hi beam in their mirrors) just tape a piece of cardboard or something across the top half of the hi beam out put.  You'll still be able to see great, and nobody will get P O'd at ya.  That or reach in (if ya can) an' turn the adjuster wheel to point the hi towards the ground .   I have the retna burning 100+ watt installed in the high beam socket, that would really piss em off.

hav a well lit 1...RSD.

<!--EDIT|rubbersidedown
Reason for Edit: "speling miztake"|1114209534 -->

i'll never need my high beam again....i installed the 10K kit HID from mcculloch! fantastico! airplanes flash me now!!!
laugh.gif
check the fuse... you dont need to take off the fairing... i didnt anyway.... just unbolt the screws on the panel and slide it off!

Back