HEADLIGHT ADJUSTMENT

I don't have any pictures but I can tell you that they can be moved up and down by turning the gold color screw on the back of each light. You need a short screw driver and a little time its not very hard at all. My high beam was set too low from the factory and once I saw the screw it only took a little time shining the beam of light on a wall to see which way the light was going when I turned the screws.

good info max ...
smile.gif

Take the black air dam off that's under the nose fairing*. Now, get a flashlight** and look at the back of the headlight housing. See those four big washers that have the teeth (probably cadnium plated - gold colored, and about 1" across)? Those get turned to adjust the headlight (you may need a wrench or socket on the bolts to turn them***). There are four total - two for the low beam, and two for the high beam.

There's one on the left side rear of the housing, and and one on the right side rear of the housing for each bulb.

Here we go..

LOOKING AT THE BACK OF THE HOUSING where the washers are (the side facing the back of the bike, doh!):

LOW BEAM (top bulb, so we'll be dealing with the adjusters on the TOP half of the housing, closest to the low beam bulb):

RIGHT side adjuster (Upper right of housing) - CW = beam up (insert Star Trek joke here), CCW = beam down

LEFT side adjuster - CW = beam left, CCW = beam right.

HIGH BEAM (lower bulb, so we'll be dealing with the adjusters on the LOWER half of the housing, closest to the high-beam bulb):

RIGHT side adjuster (Upper right of housing) - CCW = beam up, CW = beam down

LEFT side adjuster - CW = beam left, CCW = beam right.

* To remove the air dam, push in the center of the black pins holding it a little bit. After the center of the pin pops inside about 1/8" you can pull them out. They're supposed to be reusable, so be careful. And when you're done breaking them, they're $2 or $3 each at the suzuki dealer.

** Go get the flashlight now. I think there's something under the fairing that sucks up light. It's freaking cave-dark up under there.

*** Good luck getting any tool up in there.

Back