Headlight adjustment

busabutter

Registered
I read in the owners manual how to adjust the headlight beam, but I am turning the adjustment screws and its not doing a damn thing. My high beam is pointing a little too low and to the left. I have turned the adjustment screws and they seem to have no effect.

Raise the rear 1+ that should do it...

DSC03993.jpg

Ok, just kidding. There are adjustment up-down and left-right. See the picture below. If you need to lower the projection, turn the adjustment bolt righty tighty...

100_0650.jpg

(busabutter @ Jun. 12 2007,19:58) I read in the owners manual how to adjust the headlight beam, but I am turning the adjustment screws and its not doing a damn thing. My high beam is pointing a little too low and to the left. I have turned the adjustment screws and they seem to have no effect.
I asked the dealer to adjust mine under warranty and they stripped the bolt out trying. Tried to blame me but replaced the entire headlamp assembly and adjusted the new one.

Good luck.

If you look through the front of the assembly you can see the adjustment screw and nylon nut.

(Powers739 @ Jun. 12 2007,18:26) Raise the rear 1+ that should do it...

DSC03993.jpg
rock.gif
I was about to say, That didn't look like the thing I turned. If I didn't the a small glimpse of the chain I would have been completely lost.

In the photo of the front end assembly its the 4 gold looking screws or bolts right? I have turned them and nothing happens.

I guess I'll just take it in since its still under warranty but the shop is 2 - 3 weeks out.

(Powers739 @ Jun. 12 2007,18:30) Ok, just kidding.  There are adjustment up-down and left-right.  See the picture below.  If you need to lower the projection, turn the adjustment bolt righty tighty...  

100_0650.jpg
Okay just to be sure the adjustment screws for the high beam are the bottom 2, which one does left to right and which does up and down?

The adjustment is very slight, so you may have to give it a few turns. It worked well for me with the headlights on, and garage door closed with the lights off. Shine the light against the wall and watch it closely as you move the screws.

You might want to park it in the garage and light up the wall to make the adjustments.

(TurboSN95 @ Jun. 12 2007,22:13) The adjustment is very slight, so you may have to give it a few turns. It worked well for me with the headlights on, and garage door closed with the lights off. Shine the light against the wall and watch it closely as you move the screws.
Heck put a couple of feet of masking tape on the wall as a baseline or target.

Reactions: Zee
Back