aiming headlights

dewie

Registered
Ok, I am in the middle of aiming the headlights and I have a questions. There are both vertical and horiz adjustment points. I need to bring the headlight up...alot...

So in adjusting the vertical screw only the high beam moves??? My high beam it pointing to the roof right now (yes I'll bring it down) and my low beam is still pointed at the ground?? WTF..

How do I bring up my low beam??
Thanks

Can't get to my bike now, but the Manual says to look in your owners manual for adjustment instructions for both beams :beerchug:

I thought the adjustment points would move the whole headlight housing?? I guess having two sperate adjustment for each low and high beam would make perfect sense.. didn't see it... well, back to work..

They strip out too, nylon keeper or nut inside housing. Mechanic stripped my Gen I out but the assembly was replaced under warranty :thumbsup:

got her done, took out the inners and gauges to get to the low beam one's.. thanks fellers.. :beerchug:

took out the inners and gauges to get to the low beam one's

If you have to do it again sometime, just remove the underneath piece of the nose fairing (the part the manual says to remove to replace the headlight bulbs). 6 (maybe 8) of those push pins, and you can reach up in there with an 8mm wrench and adjust all 4 of the adjusters, no problem. I went out on a dark back road at night and set mine.

Back