Headlight won't adjust

Hamlet2020

Registered
My gen 1 headlight won't adjust. None of the four screws work. I took off some fairings and display panel and changed bulb of low light. Then had easy access to adjusters. No movement turning any of the 4 adjusters. Any reason why? Anyone have a potential cause and fix?

hi hamlet

try my page - here - about the head lamp and how to adjust

the german words and their translation + see the arrows

Abblendlicht tiefer - turns low beam down
Abblendlicht rechts - turns the lamp to the right

Fernlicht tiefer - turns high beam down
Fernlicht tiefer - turns the lamp to the right

good luck

Good info. But I know how to adjust. The 4 screws do nothing I took the bulb back out and there was play in the reflector. I moved the reflector a tiny bit. It would not move much. Then I re screwed the low beam screws on left and right. The reflector does not move. It will not adjust. The beam stays in the same position. Something must be wrong. Maybe I just need to replace the whole headlight unit with one that adjusts.

@Hamlet2020

hmmmm - how far / many times did you turn the screw(s) ?

only 1 or 2 180° turns doesn´t really matter as far as i remember

beside info - i never had yet all 4 adjusters "broken" the same time.
i suppose you are doing something wrong. ;)
did you ever, for example, softly turn the low beam screw right (at the top) testwise to its end, clock wise (low beam higher), til the screw stops at its end?
and what happened then? still nothing?
can´t be i would say.

I agree this does not seem right. But, all screws just turn and turn with no end clockwise. Counterclockwise also just turn with no effect. Is there a picture of the mechanism so I can gain some perspective?

Back