Adjusting the headlight

quikbusa

Donating Member
Registered
Hey guys,

Are there screws in the housing to adjust the light up or down. My buddies is low and he cant see anything. Thanks.

I can't find a picture of it right now but there are thumb screws inside the nose to adjust the headlights.

picture courtesy of omslaw.  The adjuster is circled. There should be 4 of them. I think

<!--EDIT|jwcfbd
Reason for Edit: None given...|1147641774 -->

post_24_67588_pic6.jpg

There are 2 adjusters for the lowbeam.
1 moves the beams up and down.
The other moves the beam left and right.

The 2 adjusters for the highbeam do the same thing.

just pull off the top 2 dash pannels (Left & Right side) and I believe it is a 10 or 8mm socket to do the headlight adjusting. Also, after you take off the 2 upper pannels, unbolt the instrument cluster ( 1 bolt each side) and pull it forward...you can do all your adjustments from there very easily.

how much of the front cowling and side panels must come off before the dash will lift and you can get to the adj. bolts
rock.gif

or can you get at the dash bolts from the bottom side???

how much of the front cowling and side panels must come off before the dash will lift and you can get to the adj. bolts
rock.gif

or can you get at the dash bolts from the bottom side???
just remove two upper inner panels. Remove the two 10mm bolts holding the gauge cluster. Place a towel over the handlebars and pull the cluster out.

Place a piece of tape on the wall or work bench as a starting point.

The left bolt is right/left and the right bolt is up/down. 10mm socket. Be sure to turn the bolt with the "teeth type" washer. (as in picture)

hogger...

<!--EDIT|hogger
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150837784 -->

I adjusted mine from the bottom of the nose section. remove the pan by pushing the center of the plastic rivets in 1 click then pull the out. pan will come out easily when they're gone

The headlight is aimed low on just about every busa. The adjustment will help alot, but you should consider changing the bulb while you are in there to a Sylvania Silverstar bulb, about $20 at your local parts store. It is a 100% improvement, and the best mod I did on mine for the money. Omslaw has a post on it that will take you through each step in detail. Perhaps one of the guys can give you a link to it.

The headlight is aimed low on just about every busa. The adjustment will help alot, but you should consider changing the bulb while you are in there to a Sylvania Silverstar bulb, about $20 at your local parts store. It is a 100% improvement, and the best mod I did on mine for the money. Omslaw has a post on it that will take you through each step in detail. Perhaps one of the guys can give you a link to it.
or go with the real HID... It's brighter than the cops' spot light. Best $130 I ever spent on my ride.

Back