Header Wrap

rubber2burn

Donating Member
Registered
Ok I wraped my header last week and I have a quick question I know that it is going to smoke for a while until the header wrap gets worn in but how long does it normally take until I should expect it to quit smoking. It was funny this morning on my way to work when I roled up to a stop sign it started smoking so bad it almost looked like the bike was on fire :laugh:

I used it becuase I wanted to lower the temp in the front of the bike so it does not get so hot when I am at a stand still

I soak my wrap in water before installing it and it'll only smoke maybe the first two-three start ups. Granted, if you get them wet they'll steam until the water is out.

ahh just saw your reply. Since you added paint to the wrap it will take a bit longer to finaly set and stop smoking.

it will only smoke hard the one time... maybe some odors and a bit of smoke but you are past the scary part :)

not titanium pipes correct?

No but I did spray it with some Hi Temp Grill paint so that it would be all black

thats why its smoking. may take awhile. I used the paint FOR HEAT WRAP. It smoked during the dyno tune:laugh: but after that it was done. I did warn them but they forgot about my warning:laugh:

I've only tested the Ti and Stainless Steel headers on the Gen 1 Hayabusa for 6 years in all kinds of conditions. I can't say it doesn't reduce longevity over five decades but I wouldn't worry about them failing during the life of your bike.

I've only tested the Ti and Stainless Steel headers on the Gen 1 Hayabusa for 6 years in all kinds of conditions. I can't say it doesn't reduce longevity over five decades but I wouldn't worry about them failing during the life of your bike.

Five decades? I hope to have a new bike by then.

Back