Head Gasket Replacement on '06 Busa

Big_Willy

Registered
Can the cylinder head on the '06 busa be removed without taking the engine out of the bike? I ask because it looks as if one side of the head is sitting inside the frame, not simply bolted to the frame. Any advice on head gasket replacement would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Willy

No I do alot of them and best to drop motor and do all work cause other things will need to be done..

Thx GoldenChild. Any idea where to get that wierd frame socket or should I try and grind one out? I read yesterday that it's possible to grind one from a large spare socket.

So, since I need to pull the engine, Does it have to come out from the bottom. I have a engine hoist as I am mainly a car guy. I can use my hoist to pull the engine up out of the frame if possible.

I never used to pull my motor to get the head or cylinder off. I used to do it cause I hate asking for help lifting the motor back in
I did studs. now the motor has to come out

you can do the head and cyl in the bike but why bother it is only like 6 more bolts and the chain

BTW... I went to buy one of those expensive sockets... WASTE!!! Went to local pawn shop and got a socket for a $1
Walmart - bought some playdough, made a mold. 30 minutes later I had a $50.00 engine bolt remover!! Looks like crap... but worked perfect :thumbsup:

Back