hayabusa wont start need help asap please

busarider2013

Registered
probem started the other night,,was at light bike got hot so i turned it off,,when i came back later to ride it home as i was going home at about 5k rpm was sputtering bad would not go past 5k rpm

so yesterday i took the compression all cyclinders 150-165 somewhere around there
..then i took the fuel pump out spray cab and choke cleaner in the fuel filter, and in the jets to clean all it of it out,,,put it back together and she ran like a champ down the road

,,,,,put her back in garage few hours later i went to take her out she would not go past 2k rpm sputtering and jerking bad

,,,so today i took out the spark plug replaced it,cleaned the fuel filter with carb and choke cleaner and put it all together and she cracks over after holding the starter for long time and dies does not even stay on for 3 sec.

.i keep doing it same results....put in dealer mode no codes...so i took the airbox out put some gas in there she stayed on for like 30 sec and died again and same thing will crank goes on cuts off.....will not stay on...what is the problem please help thank you....

When you say you cleaned fuel fliter are you talking the pickup screen?...depending on what year bike you have first gen busas fuel filter is enclosed and not cleanable...not sure on gen 2...

Sorry 2002 I just sprayed it I know they can't really be cleaned question I pulled fuel pump line and pump is off but fuel just keeps coming out is it broken can it be fixed.is there a pump I can buy local

You can backwash the filter cartidge, my bike has 75000 miles on it, never replaced filter, backwash it bout once a year.

Sorry 2002 I just sprayed it I know they can't really be cleaned question I pulled fuel pump line and pump is off but fuel just keeps coming out is it broken can it be fixed.is there a pump I can buy local

There was a guy that had a problem like you described. https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/general-bike-related-topics/182281-fuel-pump-problem-need-help-asap.html That should get the fuel to stop running out. As for your other problem, like busa1300nut said, you can take the fuel pump assembly apart and back flush the filters. I have done this a few times myself and have had good results.

Back