Bike will not start! Need help asap leaving for the track in a hour or so.

chowda633

Registered
I don't have a clue what happened! I rode the bike up onto the cement padio about an hour ago to change the oil. Everything was fine. I pulled the panel off pulled the filter and drained the oil put the new filter on put in 10W-4 (4 Quarts) and put the bike back together and tried to start it and now it will not start!

Its like the kill switch is activated or something I don't even here the fuel pump kick on. I checked the fuses, checked the kill switch and other things and I am completely stumped!

Any help is appreciated I am supposed to leave for the drag strip in a hour. Was about to load the bike and this happened!

Check the side stand switch...and flip the kill switch on and off a few times.

Remember to set the "kill" switch to the "run" position :thumbsup:

side stand switch, kill switch, tip over sensor, battery cables, you may have knocked a plug(connector) lose somewhere..also check fuses..under the left side dash panel, and the starter relay and fuse on the side of the right rear sub frame behind the frame cover

Last edited:
stand down? make sure in neutral as well..

I am a complete idiot. Your right! Thanks lol. Rule number 1 don't rush when you working on a busa :D. Took half the dam bike apart because I always put it in neutral when I stop but I was in a rush so I must have left it in gear.

Thank you!

I am a complete idiot. Your right! Thanks lol. Rule number 1 don't rush when you working on a busa :D. Took half the dam bike apart because I always put it in neutral when I stop but I was in a rush so I must have left it in gear.

Thank you!
no idiot... ask me how I would know about his "small" detail... :rofl: Good luck at the track..

Thank you!

Always leave it in gear so it dont roll off the stand. :thumbsup:

had to quit bar hopping... tired of walking from place to place with all the harley guys laughing at me...

No one has ever laughed at yo Randy, we only laugh with ya brother :whistle:

Have you had any birthdays lately :laugh:

Back