Hayabusa update for 06

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
While at my local dealer picking up pocketbike oil, my sales guy came running over:

Guy: "Hey! [smiling] found out they're upgrading the busa!"
me: "hahaha. never heard THAT one before... oh except, every 3 months on the internet..."
Guy: "NO SERIOUS! We saw pictures and they are updating the graphics on it too."
me: "so, spill... what did you really learn about it"
Guy: "That's all I know. I swear. It was a dealer show"
me: "mmm hmmm... mmmm hmmm.... well if they make significant changes, you can have my money and a nice trade in."

And another sales guy was nearby confirmed he'd seen newerish [kev?] pics of busa revamping. No words about power or anything. It would make sense since FINALLY all the liter bike are equal to it from 0-140 or so.

Anybody here work at a dealer and know if these guys really saw anything?

I guess I'm not the only gullible simp: gixxer.com

I wonder if he was talking about 05? Oh well. Suzuki America says unless I speak Japanese, I won't be able to find out anything.

It's ok, JC, I'm used to feeling way more informed than dealers
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|WWJD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1098206633 -->

Come one, if this info would come out before they even sold an 05
well they wouldn't sell them as fast as they could.

BE PATIENT
biggrin.gif

At least let me enjoy my new to me '02 for a year before they change everything!! This is the first bike I have owned that wasn't outdated before I bought it. I'm lovin' it!
smileyexhibit.gif

let me pick up my 05 before starting this stuff...they know they would not sell the 05s if they announced anything this soon.
rock.gif

Remember the Hayabusa is based off of the RF900 and if you look at the two Suzuki has been true to it. The rumor mill will keep churning. The Cycle World International Show starts here in San Mateo pretty quick and there are a few guys that are right on the money, so hopefully like the GSXR1K before it came out they will have 12 month out from production vague info.

Look at Rad's Extreme Hayabusa, the Suzuki Nuda and also look closely at Yoshi's X-1 because they have the keys to what's coming cosmetically, as far as the motor I guess it will be a larger version of the Gixxer but narrower and a little farther up between the wishbones, hopefully with all of the errors and bad designs edited out.

Suzuki America has been up top for a while but Kawi and Honda are showing fortitude. There will be a new offering from Honda that might put'em back on top, as the Balckbird was there if only for a short time. As was the ZX-10.

So let's keep it real and only post either good guesses, real data or something so bizarre you laugh.

Later

Roy
RidersNation

I heard from a very reliable source. The Tok'Ra told Col. Oneil and Teal'C that the 06 BUsa will have jet thrusters, radial brakes, glitter, toaster, Nuts n' honey. Oh and don't forget the engine will run off of a alien power core. No maintenance, but if there is a recall shipping will be a bitch!!!
laugh.gif

As a former busa owner why is it so important that they update this bike? For Suzuki they don't have any competition in the class. Most of you would only use the extra power for bench racing anyway. Just curios why the current bike is not good enough in your opinions...

Howlin Mad???

Just curious, what would you be satisfied with in regards to an updated 'Busa.

2,000cc?
300hp at the rear wheel?
400mph top speed?
Turbo?
Twin Turbo?
Supercharger?

I'd just like to see
195rwhp
420 dry weight
first bike to break 200
and some slight body changes just to freshen it up a bit.

Good luck hey???....lol

I agree they would make a killing if they made a few significant changes because everyone would be trading theirs in for the "New" "Lighter" "Faster" Busa. Shid I might even trade mine in:)
Well probably not.....

Wondering where this newer lighter more powerful busa rumor came from. Personaly I dont think it will happen. The Busa hasnt really changed since its debut. Except the max speed, paint, and few other little cosmetics. Plus i think the companys are more concern with the 600's and 1000's due to all the R&D they put into roadracing. just my thoughts.

As a former busa owner why is it so important that they update this bike?  For Suzuki they don't have any competition in the class.  Most of you would only use the extra power for bench racing anyway.  Just curios why the current bike is not good enough in your opinions...

Howlin Mad???
Good words and how right-on-point you are Marc. I personally believe it's a status thing and the confidence in knowing that you're KING. But for my own personal gratification, I will forever love my Busa no matter what comes out.

Just curious, what would you be satisfied with in regards to an updated 'Busa.

2,000cc?
300hp at the rear wheel?
400mph top speed?
Turbo?
Twin Turbo?
Supercharger?
What folks want is simple...they want better than the other guy. So if he has a 125...they want a 250. If he has 1500cc's, they want 2000. If he has 300 rwhp in a 340 lb bike...they want 400...in a 320 lb bike. It doesn't matter how outrageous or un-usable something is...when your ego and self esteem lie in the numbers....they need to be the best. Personally the current Busa has all the "oh sh$t" acceleration, handling, and overall thrill factor that I need. Buuut...I don't bench race...or real race for that matter....I'm more of a cruiser. So I guess you can kinda call me satisfied......lol...what a shame huh?

Back