IMPORTANT detail on '05 Hayabusas

Lucky34

Registered
Well... I got my brand new 2005 Red/black hayabusa yesterday... after some riding, I took her in for the night.
Well... I couldn't do any more riding for the night, so what do I do? I give her the best cleaning EVER (something the dealers should pay more attention to). Anyways, as I was detailing the right fairing, I noticed that it was missing the second bolt from the front, near the bottom of the bike. (see Picture).

So today, I rode down to the dealership and told them about it. They said that they were sorry, and that they didn't have any spare bolts, but they could order one for me. (I ended up friends with the parts guy (not the sales manager, who was a d*ck), and he found me a bolt I dunno from where). Anyways, before that, I had asked the sales manager if he could just give me a bolt from the OTHER busa that was in the showroom, and then order the bolt and put it on the showroom busa when it got there (he said no). What really struck me as interesting though, was that as I left the showroom, I took a quick peak at the other busa, and realized it was missing the SAME bolt as mine!!! In the same exact spot, too... And it wasnt the bolt that the parts guy had given to me... NOBODY had touched the bike...

SO, is this a dealership thing? that maybe they didn't get enough bolts? Or are ALL 2005 busas being shipped with insufficient bolts
rock.gif
?

missing_bolt_on_05_busas.JPG

It sounds like a lazy machanic to me. That bolt has a bracket behind it that can move around making it difficult to install. If he couldn't get it on the first try he probably has a draw full of bolts.

It sounds like a lazy machanic to me.  That bolt has a bracket behind it that can move around making it difficult to install.  If he couldn't get it on the first try he probably has a draw full of bolts.
... What a 'tard ...
I got it on the first try. It kinda pisses me off though, that I just dropped $10.5 on the bike, and the mechanic didnt bother to put a bolt on the bike properly...
And it wasnt only my bike... the other showroom bike was missing that same exact bolt, too. So I wasn't sure if it was that suzuki wasn't sending the right amount of bolts with the bikes, or just that the dealership mechs were tards....

Congratulations on the new bike, nice colours.

This is a problem common to all bikes. Look for improperly routed cables and lines too.

This is a fault of the manufacturers, sending partly assembled bikes to be uncrated and assembled by last weeks MMI graduating class.

<!--EDIT|drlucian
Reason for Edit: None given...|1099880752 -->

I just went out and checked mine, and everything appears to be in order. Maybe you should remind your dealer that incorrectly assembling a bike can be a serious liability to them as well as to you.

Definitely a manufacturer issue, but not sure why the dealer wouldn't see it an complain to Suz and just give you another bolt. They aren't that expensive and its just good customer service. Congrats on the gettin' her though.

Mine was missing a bolt or 2. I didnt notice to a week later. But i bought a couple spares just in case i loose one.

Also mine was missing that mud flap thing that just rear of rear shock. I guess it keeps stuff from hitting the shock from the rear tire. i didnt notice it till i looked at a friends busa

Back