Hayabusa Stoppies?!

Jake918

Road Warrior
Registered
Today, Me and my riding buddy (also an experienced stunter) fom work went for a short 30-min ride, and about a mile or so into our ride, I clutched up the busa and rode a long standup wheelie. I then put it back down as we aproached a red light and boasted through my lid "betcha never seen a busa do that before!".... Then I suggested that we swap bikes (I love to wheelie his SV1000). After shuttin the SV down at the next light I notice that he is a ways behind. Then to my surprise, I see him do an insane 30 ft or so stoppie, finished off with a super-smooth landing, makin it look so easy. Then with a sick smile, he yells back at me "Now I know you've never seen a Busa do that!!" I was in total shock:bowdown: I have never seen anyone do one on a f*ckin busa, Wow. I woulda killed for a video camera.:laugh:

Just wondering if anyone else has ever heard of / done this...

maybe i have just been living under a rock or something, but nobody does stoppies on busas...

A Busa can do everything any other sportbike can do. It may not do everything as good, but it can do a few things better. Next time have your buddy join you for a 300 mile ride. The SV will be easier than a 600, but the Busa will be much smoother.

To each their own of course, this isn't gonna evolve into another safty/gear/youngNdumb/reckless thread...:rulez:

It only will if someone feels spunky enough to defend the Busa as a stuntable bike. Just ignore anyone that blasts you on this thread and you will be fine.

That is, unless you want it to meltdown into a safety thread. Several members will be eager to help you then.

It only will if someone feels spunky enough to defend the Busa as a stuntable bike. Just ignore anyone that blasts you on this thread and you will be fine.

That is, unless you want it to meltdown into a safety thread. Several members will be eager to help you then.

After AKA Danksy's wheelie thread I know what posting a simular thread can do...:banghead:

that boy sure can wheelie...:thumbsup:

A Busa can do everything any other sportbike can do. It may not do everything as good, but it can do a few things better. Next time have your buddy join you for a 300 mile ride. The SV will be easier than a 600, but the Busa will be much smoother.

+1 No wind screen sucks past 80mph. I can't imagine my bud wrecking MY busa. What would I do. The SV 1000 is great for slamin around but theres just too much at stake with the busa. My SV 1000 barely got 30mpg if I baby it.
Vid would be awesome :laugh:

I think that is why my fork seals went out after only 8 k on the odometer. Doing stoppies is also hard on them

When can you get this on video? I have to see this:thumbsup:

To be honest, I really don't wanna nearly $hit my pants again watchin my stede stoppie like a streetfighter...:shocked:

Was it awsome?--- HELL YEA

Worth tryin to get on video?--- I'm sorry, but thats nuts (at least on my busa):cry:

i personall didnt think it was possible. when i first got my busa, i took someones advise and learned what the brakes could do. i got somewhere and braked more and more aggressive until the point where i locked the front tire. that puckered up my butthole a bit. i figured you would have to shift your bodyweight and some more stuff. im way too inexperienced to do that. :beerchug:

that is the WORST thing you can do to a busa regardinging the front end Structural Integrity of the bike. The front end is simply not engineered to handle the weight of the entire bike. Add to that the force of the motion and the applied pressure of the stopping and it is a certian recipe for eventual failure.

not intinded to be a safety or a youngdumb comment, just a heads up...

Last edited:
I seen FREAK (screenname) from Busanation.com do stoppies on his 08 busa at this years, Eureka springs meet and greet, he didnt ride with us because they was just down from Wichita riding, but he came by the hotel and talk to us, and he can do some very nice ones on his.

Man since he's your friend, meet up another day and be sure to film this time... and share with us the vids! would love to check it out!

Back