Hayabusa rider died yesterday

Were the other two riders also hit like the news story claims? Were their bikes disabled after the accident? I'm trying to picture how a 61 year old semi driver comes to a stop, gets out of the semi to inspect for damage and then gets back in and drives off all while there are two other off duty officers there at the scene.
Sounds like those two off duty cops may be spewing out some major lies to cover their azzes.

Sorry for his friends and family, RIP. Why do people think they can ride around other drivers at those type of speeds and not pay the price?
sad.gif

sorry to hear about your friend. My thoughts with his family and friends.

Were the other two riders also hit like the news story claims?  Were their bikes disabled after the accident?  I'm trying to picture how a 61 year old semi driver comes to a stop, gets out of the semi to inspect for damage and then gets back in and drives off all while there are two other off duty officers there at the scene.
Sounds like those two off duty cops may be spewing out some major lies to cover their azzes.
Thats what I'm saying...what they did then? they couldn't catch up with the busa? then they should saw what happened...
mad.gif

no matter what the news says  my riding buddy hit the back of a semi truck. we had just left rouge park. they(ridding buddy) got on the freeway(96) headed west, me and 5 other bikers went to get my leather, after i got my jacket we got on 96 headed west when we rode up on the accident to find him layed out on the freeway cover up with a white sheet..... and yes they were blazing .......... all this happend in about 15 minutes from the time I left him to the time we rode up on the accident

i did not see this happen but there was a lady and i guy who seen it all..... they said they were going so fast that when they passed them it scared them to death  then all of a sudden she seen him hit the back of the truck...

i think the semi truck was in the middle lane and he tried to go around him or drifted to the inside ....and at  170mphs its hard to make a left handed corner with drifting into the other lanes.....trust me when I say this... I know personally

hayabusa crash
first of all rip the fallen rider !

second , and this is just my opinion , and you know what they say about those

we all ride busas , weve all broken the speed limit , we have all made bad decisions at one time or another wheather its to fast for a turn, speeding in the wrong conditions , or thinkin we had more break than we actualy had !

not to blast you ar anything but i read this last night and it kind of bothered me today

the rider didnt hurt anyone but himself , so why blast this guy who has moved on , and has already paid in full for his mistake ? you have some privlaged information that nobody else knew , let it be what it was an accident . the next of kin do not need to know he was suposedly doin 170 mph

a while back in the local paper a rider was killed in an accident , car made a left turn in front of him , well everybody that rolled up on the scene said that he passed them doin atleast 100mph maybe a mile back from the accident , so thats what was in the paper biker does 100mph into back of car and dies , well turns out he had two kids and a wife he left behind that realy didnt need to read that stuff .

i ride alot , and to tell you the truth i have had bikes and cars fly by me , i couldnt tell you what thier speed was ?

some things are better left un said !

Off-Duty Officer Killed In Hit-And-Run Crash
Police Say Driver Later Contacts Troopers

POSTED: 7:29 am EDT June 21, 2006
UPDATED: 8:24 am EDT June 21, 2006

E-mail this story | Print this story

DETROIT -- Michigan State Police believe they have the man responsible for a hit-and-run crash that killed an off-duty Detroit police sergeant.

The crash occurred on eastbound Interstate 96 at about 8:15 p.m. Tuesday when a tractor-trailer crashed into three officers on motorcycles, near Schaefer Road, according to police. Police said the driver of the tractor-trailer left the scene, but later contacted state troopers, who picked him up.

The driver -- a 61-year-old Mount Carroll, Ill., resident -- was brought to the Detroit post of the Michigan State Police for questioning.

The name of the 49-year-old off-duty officer has not been released.

wink.gif

no matter what the news says  my riding buddy hit the back of a semi truck. we had just left rouge park. they(ridding buddy) got on the freeway(96) headed west, me and 5 other bikers went to get my leather, after i got my jacket we got on 96 headed west when we rode up on the accident to find him layed out on the freeway cover up with a white sheet..... and yes they were blazing .......... all this happend in about 15 minutes from the time I left him to the time we rode up on the accident

i did not see this happen but there was a lady and i guy who seen it all..... they said they were going so fast that when they passed them it scared them to death  then all of a sudden she seen him hit the back of the truck...

i think the semi truck was in the middle lane and he tried to go around him or drifted to the inside ....and at  170mphs its hard to make a left handed corner with drifting into the other lanes.....trust me when I say this... I know personally

hayabusa crash
first of all  rip the fallen rider !  

second , and this is just my opinion , and you know what they say about those

we all ride busas , weve all broken the speed limit , we have all made bad decisions  at one time or another wheather its to fast for a turn,  speeding in the wrong conditions , or  thinkin we had more break than we actualy had !

not to blast you ar anything but i read this last night  and it kind of bothered me today

the rider didnt hurt anyone but himself ,  so why blast this guy who has moved on , and has already paid in full for his mistake ?    you have some privlaged information that nobody else knew , let it be  what it was an accident .  the next of kin do not need to know he was suposedly doin 170 mph

a while back in the local paper a rider was killed in an accident  , car made a left turn in front of him , well everybody that rolled up on the scene said that he passed them doin atleast 100mph  maybe a mile back from the accident , so thats what was in the paper biker does 100mph into back of car  and dies , well turns out  he had two kids and a wife  he left  behind that realy didnt need to read that stuff .

i ride alot , and to tell you the truth i have had bikes  and cars fly by me , i couldnt  tell you what thier speed was ?  

some things are better left un said !
Except one thing,

there is someone else at stake here.

The truck driver.

Charged with hit and run on a cop!!

Forget the cop's reputation, tell the truth, and don't ruin a truck driver's life.

Who's fault was it? The truck or your friend?
rock.gif
If he was doing 170 on a public road with traffic, Who do you think is at fault
rock.gif
? I know it's fairly clear to me  
sad.gif
Hard to say who to believe here. I know the media typically screws things up...but that bad?
rock.gif

If the guy nailed that semi at 170 mph there would be nothing but red paste with chunks of plastic and metal mixed in. There would be no body to cover and there would be nothing that resembles a bike. The video shows the Busa laying there with no signs of major damage.

Of course maybe that was one of the other riders bikes...but then again jayy said they weren't on Busas.
rock.gif

Too bad there hasn't been an update to that news story. Anyone find info from other news sources in that area?

rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

naw... the other cops were not on busas jus the guy who hit the truck.... of course when a officer is envoled in something around here in the D the officer is always right..... the news changed their story two days later, to say well maybe the biker hit the truck..... and to JOHNSTEIN.. this was just an awareness update to everyone who read this post to be careful out here on these freeways and street.... thats all

The media rarely gets the story right the first time. Usually, they are in a hurry to print "something" and they do so without investigating for the truth.

Off-Duty Officer Killed In Hit-And-Run Crash
Police Say Driver Later Contacts Troopers

POSTED: 7:29 am EDT June 21, 2006
UPDATED: 8:24 am EDT June 21, 2006

E-mail this story | Print this story

DETROIT -- Michigan State Police believe they have the man responsible for a hit-and-run crash that killed an off-duty Detroit police sergeant.

The crash occurred on eastbound Interstate 96 at about 8:15 p.m. Tuesday when a tractor-trailer crashed into three officers on motorcycles, near Schaefer Road, according to police. Police said the driver of the tractor-trailer left the scene, but later contacted state troopers, who picked him up.

The driver -- a 61-year-old Mount Carroll, Ill., resident -- was brought to the Detroit post of the Michigan State Police for questioning.

The name of the 49-year-old off-duty officer has not been released.

wink.gif
I love this, they always blame the truck driver! No matter what happens, how it happens, or where it happens, if an 18 wheel semi is in involved = it's the truck drivers fault!

They'll probably send this poor old man up on manslaughter!

Tough news bro, seems to really be in the air lately. I had a guy lose his leg in an accident last week and just found out last night lost (2) other riders in a car accident along with the driver's girlfriend. Ages 23, 24 and 34 gone!!! Tough news man, I can relate!

There is no way the Busa hit the back of a semi at 170.  You can look at the bike and see that.

<!--EDIT|BrianKesler
Reason for Edit: None given...|1151376073 -->

First, it sucks to hear about anybody dying. As for the cop thing it is the same old thing. If it is a cop it is a big deal. If not a cop oh well.

I would bet if someone pulled out in front of a cop without a motorcycle license it wouldn't be the cop who got the ticket. KWIM
Damn... not a fan of LEOs are you!

Back