HAYABUSA RECTIFIER REGULATOR Bad

hyhflo

Registered
i just realized the busa is not charging .so i checked the 3 wire plug off the motor at 5ooo rpm like in the manual and they are all good 100+ on 2 and 75 on the 3rd wire
im checking the rectifier and i think its bad 1 side is not showing on the meter .
my ? is an i checking this right..Not to swift with a meter
2000 model year

Have the same problem and just got into researching it. If you use the manual it gives all of the readings which you probably already know. When I tested mine most of the readings were accurate, but I had no readings on a couple of terminals. If I'm reading the manual right, if any are not within the limits you should replace the rectifier. I just ordered one and I'll see if that does the trick. Good luck with yours.

vegasbusa - did this fix your problem? I am having the same issue right now but would hate to order a new rectifier if it isn't the issue. I have seen other posts where the rectifier didn't give the right readings, a new one was ordered, but didn't fix the issue. Any help would be great - I have an 06 LE.

Interestingly yesterday I was looking under the hump & batt for any loose connections (preventive) and could smell some burn, well nothing was burning but that weird heat smell.
So I fished my hand through the under tail n touched the rectifier brackets, they were damn hot. Is this normal?

What is the mileage of the bike? Either stator or rectifier/regulator, that are your choices.

Standard rectifier gets very hot to the touch, upgrade to a mosfet type when it is time from Rick's.

Rick has tons of videos on how to check stator and rectifier on his website.

BB

*update: the connector coming from the stator was melted a bit on the black wire just close to the red.
The wire looked liked it was stripped below the connector probably rubbing against the frame.

What I don't understand is why do the wires and connector from the rectifier get hot? any answers? is this normal?
The voltage, charging and rectifier is good.

My guess would be poor location for ventilation. Ricks Mofset Rectifier run cooler. I have both Ricks Motorsport High output stator and rectifier.

You can upgrade 2 Ricks or contact our sponsor on here Powerhouse. Frank offers an upgrade 2 the stator/rectifier as well

Back