Charging problem

adjv

Registered
coffee.gif
 Hey guys i am having a problem the charging sistem. Right now my bike is charging between 12.5 to 13.20 v. I check the service manual and indicate that it should be charging between 13.5 to 15.0 v @5000 rpm. when i turn it on it is charging 13.2 but when i accelerate it go down to 12.5. I check the stator coil resistance and the rectifier as the manual indicate and all the reading are between the range specified. I also verified the batery, the wiring and the connectors and they are in perfect  condition and there is no leak of current in any wire. I try to use the rectifier from friend's bike and my bike still having the problem.

does it have an aftermarket headlight or other electrical accessories that could be drawing more power than stock?

there is no loss of power but when i ride the meters ligth start blinking and when i stop is hard to turn it on. three week ago i just installed a led signal ligths

led lights use very little power. Are the connections on the battery nice and tight and clean?

(adjv @ Dec. 12 2006,03:02) there is no loss of power but when i ride the meters ligth start blinking and when i stop is hard to turn it on. three week ago i just installed a led signal ligths
are you refering to the FI light that is blinking on and off?

sounds like a loose connection and vibration causing your clusters lights to blink on and off. that's about all i can think off right now.....wait a few more hours and im sure someone else will chime in with a better idea of whats causing problems. hope you get it figured out
beerchug.gif

Back