Hayabusa korea

BTW, how come so many ppl knows about "Soju" that well around here? am I missing something or what? (oh, yeah, we callem ceilling spiners...toilet bowl magnifier...all kinds of nickname there...  
biggrin.gif
Cause quite a few of the members here are military who have had to go to Korea for a tour, or two, or three.  As the saying goes, "When in Rome", therefore most have enjoyed Korea's fine spirit of Soju.  I still don't know how those old guys could sit all afternoon and drink it straight.  It kicked my but drinking it in twenty dollar kettles which mixed Soju with red wine and champagne...
There was a special name for that brew and I can't remember what it was, any help?

well, in Korea... weather you like it or not, you have to drink with friends...mostly soju, guys knows what I'm talking about...
biggrin.gif
 and sometimes a real soju retarded friends will have a soft drink, (but until he prooves? he gotta go thru alot of $hidd...to proove, not worth a darn...)
crazy.gif
I must tell you this, I've read your posts all over the board and can't seem to figure what language you are speaking. Nothing personal, just a comment.

BTW, how come so many ppl knows about "Soju" that well around here? am I missing something or what? (oh, yeah, we callem ceilling spiners...toilet bowl magnifier...all kinds of nickname there...  
biggrin.gif
Cause quite a few of the members here are military who have had to go to Korea for a tour, or two, or three.  As the saying goes, "When in Rome", therefore most have enjoyed Korea's fine spirit of Soju.  I still don't know how those old guys could sit all afternoon and drink it straight.  It kicked my but drinking it in twenty dollar kettles which mixed Soju with red wine and champagne...
There was a special name for that brew and I can't remember what it was, any help?
Not sure about the name for the kettles. Up in the Western Corridor we just called them 15 or 20 dollar kettles. The 15 dollar kettle had orange juice and Soju in it. When we went to Seoul we had to tell them the kettle with wine or kettle with orange juice. Never got into the names of them. Did have a blast though, especially down in Seoul when we got to go down there. Now I heard there are so many rules not worth the trip down there...

is that a little bit of e-bonics?
poke.gif

That would be great if those guys could send us parts.
rock.gif

Just the mention of Soju gave me a headache. I remember that stuff, I think I helped to sustain that business very well the year I was there.
Relsek, you know it...been there few times huh?  
biggrin.gif
I had a severe drinking problem at one time. While I was in Korea, I would drink 'til the bars closed, and if I still didn't fee drunk enough I would down a bottle of soju for the walk home.

I don't remember much of my time there. I remember August, then May, not a lot in between.

Some people ask me now why I no longer drink. I think my life is much better now and I remember a lot more of it.

Kev
That was one thing about Korea, having a drinking problem and going there was not a good combination. My last tour in 96-97, beer was $7 a case and most liquor was between $5-$12 a fifth. This compounded with no where to go and some individuals being homesick or first time from home and living it up. My first tour in 93-94 there was no drinking age for Soldiers, the second tour you had to be 20 in order to drink. Good to hear you quit drinking, I did the same after my last binge over in the ROK. Was a hard tour, so my liver tells me...

Quote (hydrabusa @ May 25 2006,17:13)
well, in Korea... weather you like it or not, you have to drink with friends...mostly soju, guys knows what I'm talking about... and sometimes a real soju retarded friends will have a soft drink, (but until he prooves? he gotta go thru alot of $hidd...to proove, not worth a darn...)

And Relsik wrote:

I must tell you this, I've read your posts all over the board and can't seem to figure what language you are speaking. Nothing personal, just a comment.

And SteelHead Comments:

Funny, I can read and understand what Hydrabusa wrote. And I'm university education. Hmmm....perhaps the language you do not speak is the language of tolerance. Unfortunate, really.

Hydrabusa Wrote:
well, in Korea... weather you like it or not, you have to drink with friends...mostly soju, guys knows what I'm talking about... and sometimes a real soju retarded friends will have a soft drink, (but until he prooves? he gotta go thru alot of $hidd...to proove, not worth a darn...)

And Relsik wrote (ie, critisized):

And SteelHead comments:

Funny, Relsik, that I can read and understand what Hydrabusa wrote. And I'm university educated in Canada. Hmmm....perhaps the language you do not speak is the language of tolerance. Unfortunate, really.

Hydrabusa Wrote:

And SteelHead comments:

Funny, Relsik, that I could read and understand what Hydrabusa wrote. And I'm university educated. Hmmm....perhaps the language you do not speak is the one of tolerance; or more to the point, the art of silencing people by critisizing them without coming out and saying it. Unfortunate, really.

Hydrabusa Wrote:

And SteelHead comments:

Funny, Relsik, that I could read and understand what Hydrabusa wrote. And I'm university educated. Hmmm....perhaps the language you do not speak is the one of respect. "Nothing personal. Just a comment."

Hydrabusa Wrote:

And SteelHead comments:

Funny, Relsik, that I could read and understand what Hydrabusa wrote. And I'm university educated. Hmmm....perhaps the language you do not speak is the one of tolerance. Nothing like good old undemocratic silencing of opinions. Nothing personal, just a comment.

Would you prefer hydrabusa make funny faces for your amusement. Here you go.

smile.gif

So Steelhead, since you used the term intolerance I assume you'll be calling me a racist now, that always seems to follow intolerance, it's either racist or homophobe. And since I do not know the race of the people involved in this thread, what am I to assume?

Funny thing, I never went to college and I still figured out how to quote threads and make them understandable to the masses.

<!--EDIT|Relsek
Reason for Edit: None given...|1148668733 -->

Back