Hayabusa Gearing / Speed

what is stock gear set? And has anyone geared really tall before and got like 212 out of their busa.. if so? just curious how long it takes to get up to that speed i.e. 185-210mph?

Thanks

Like BA said... It takes a lot of power to make the busa get out of its own way at those kinda speeds, and the stock motor just doesn't have enough.

I picked up my 2005 Busa with 2200 miles...super clean bike. Not a nick on it. I had driven the 2008 B-King of Macon454 last Saturday. I remember easily doing 60-70 in first gear on the B-King. My new bike runs great, but in 1st gear around 45mph it starts to seem like I need to shift to 2nd already...kind of bogged. Maybe I am just not used to the torque yet? When I go to 2nd or any other gears I dont feel that. The bike is very quick in all gears...just seems like 1st doesnt "breathe well"...could be my imagination too!

my 05 doesn't start to make me smile until 50 or so in 1st. if i roll the throttle pretty quick around 45 or so the front usually comes up and i let it settle before i shift. i've glanced and seen around 80mph when i went to 2nd. more than that and i get into the limiter.

i haven't looked now that i have the speedhealer on and i have stock gearing and exhaust.

Last edited:
Like BA said... It takes a lot of power to make the busa get out of its own way at those kinda speeds, and the stock motor just doesn't have enough.

Nah, no way, you guys are wrong. I've read it on the internet where squids are getting 200+ out of these things and that's with a poor wax job. It's obviously the added weight of the gear as most guys that are getting those kinds of speeds are doing it in short and flip flops with no shirt on. :lol:

Nah, no way, you guys are wrong. I've read it on the internet where squids are getting 200+ out of these things and that's with a poor wax job. It's obviously the added weight of the gear as most guys that are getting those kinds of speeds are doing it in short and flip flops with no shirt on. :lol:

that's because most of those guys have "a big gear on the back which makes it go faster" :lol:

That calculator is way cool. When I am in first and around 40 mph, the bike starts to sound like I need to shift ( gets loud but my RPMS are only aroun 6k )... just doesnt have that higher winding pitch sound I expected in 1st. I guess I will have to try another BUSA out to see.

Back