GI Pro Acting Up

jaschil69

Donating Member
Registered
My GI Pro is acting up again. It will randomly indicate 2, 3, 1, 0 when in 1st gear and does the same in 2nd. Once it is in 3rd or above, it is usually correct. Anyone have any warranty info on these?

Thanks

James

Mine was doing the same thing but only in 3rd and 6th gears. I changed out my gear position sensor but haven't had the bike out since to see if the problem was solved.
Shawn

try resetting it,just disconnect,sounds like a lemon,have had mind for yr and 1/2 and never had a problem with it

Ok. I will try disconnecting power. I pulled the plugs apart and made sure all was clean and had the same issue. Will update and power cycle.

Thanks

I tried unplugging mine to reset it but no luck for me. Hope it works for you!
I never had the problem until after the morning of my roadtest when my clutch blew. After the shop put a new clutch in is when the problem started. That's why I decided to open her back up and change the gear position sensor. Hopefully by this weekend I'll have the chance to take her out for a spin and see if I fixed the problem.
Shawn
beerchug.gif

Ok. I received an email from them and they suggested that I run the learn procedure. Just removing power doesn't erase the memory. They said if this doesn't work, replace the gear position sensor. What did a new one run?

Have had mine for almost 2 years..no prob. It will get confused at a red light when I'm stopped and shifting from a higher gear (3-6) down to first trying to get it in gear, but that's just gearing not the GI Pro.

Back