Hayabusa Experts, please HELP me!

i know for a fact that the battery is dead, because none will work unless if i jump start the bike. but my question is, once the bike is running, it should recharge the battery right?

but the entire ride home .... 45 minutes in the highway, didnt have headlight and cluster was not working, so i am saying i know the battery is bad but it was not getting charged either ... 45 minutes on the highway should at least recharge it for the head light to come on!

not really.. when the battery is bad will not holding any charges.. go buy you a new one..the easiest, cheapest way to figure it out.. i have a feeling it is the battery.. same thing happen to my zx14.. rode it for few hours and everything was fine then when i stopped for a gas and try to start back up it did like yours.. i was too far away to buy battery and no truck to tow it and it did not push start either..zero juice = no electronic fuel injection.:laugh:. cost 185.00 to tow it home!!:banghead::banghead:

I'm going on 5 years with the factory battery. Cranks strong everytime. Sounds like you killed your battery. Either get the battery tested or replace it. Make sure you buy a Battery Tender and keep the bike on it unless you are gonna ride it on a regular basis. Home page - Batterytender.com

Load test the Battery. This will tell you if the battery has a dead cell. A battery with a dead cell can show the proper voltage all day long, but it will not have the amperage you need to start. It will not charge properly no matter if you try it with the bike running, or on a charger. What kind of battery do u have one there? Cheapy batteries normally give out at 2-3 years. And it is not uncommon to buy a bad one off the shelf. If your battery is good start with the HID equipment you have installed.

Batteries, like anything else, can be bad from the they are made. Treating them correctly can help a good one last longer, but if it's bad, nothing you can do but replace it. Load test it and find out before looking at anything else.

I've jumped my bike and run it with no battery at all. Worked fine until I shut it off, and it obviously went dead. Did you leave the jumpers connected for a while with the bike running? Check your fuses. It's entirely possible to blow one while jump starting if you leave the the leads connected for too long as you have two charging systems trying to dump a bunch of juice into the dead battery. Unfortunately, it's also possible to fry the ECU, but I don't think you'd be able to get it to run if that were the case.

Sound like stator not charging and BTW, the worse thing you can do for a bikes charging system is to jump start then leave it up to stator to charge dead battery. It puts a strain on stator causing it to burn up. Like stated above, use voltmeter/multimeter at battery terminals. Off should be +12v (good battery) running 14.3 / 14.6 v. If less than 14v running than you're not getting a charge which stator is usually at fault. Should also check regulator to be safe. Electrosports.com has a nice trouble shoot flow chart that is great. I printed it up few years ago and has been lifesaving many times. Dont recommend their product though. (Low quality).

I'm going on 5 years with the factory battery. Cranks strong everytime. Sounds like you killed your battery. Either get the battery tested or replace it. Make sure you buy a Battery Tender and keep the bike on it unless you are gonna ride it on a regular basis. Home page - Batterytender.com

I keep mine on the batterytender also, had my 02 busa 6years, sold with same battery, my 08 still org. battery, learned the hard way this is the way to go.

once a battery dies, you lose cells once the cells are gone they wont hold a charge, your charging system is fine its the battery that the culprit.

The HID's were not working because they take a lot of juice when the ballast initially fires, so much so some have put capacitors inline just to help with the initial power requirements. I have a high and low beam 35Watt HID set up and the high beam needs to have the bike running to reliably start. Of course you could have a fried ballast, if it is a cheaper HID they some times die. Let us know how things are after you replace your battery.

once a battery dies, you lose cells once the cells are gone they wont hold a charge, your charging system is fine its the battery that the culprit.
I have been the victim of this before.

Just an FYI too,
The busa doesn't charge the battery below 2500 rpm.

If you don't belive him just put your halogen bulb in and watch the intensity change after about 2500rpm. That is why I put mine on a battery tender every night. If there is a lot of stop and go traffic your battery is never getting charged.

Your battery probably has an internal short on a few plates. You can get a surface charge (i.e it will jump off) but they won't take or hold a charge. It will also make your charging system work at max load trying to charge a battery that will never charge.

Pretty common these newer designed batteries.

If you don't put them on a tender, then they go bad pretty regularly at like 18 months.

Go with a gel cell and you will get a longer life and a more stable battery.

Your charging system is probably working now, but won't for long if you keep working it at 100 output.

Back