Please help a fellow hayabusa owner from Casablanca Morocco

crotchrocket81

Registered
Hello Everyone, I can use any help I can get with my very Weird Instrument Cluster Problem,
I have a 04 hayabusa that recently started acting up , I ll try to describe what it does:
I turn the ignition on, the speedo will do its usual test, then will stop at 9000 rpm, and at 280km/H and the needles will stay there for about 5 seconds, then will continue their trip to the end and then stop and start shaking like a seismograph for a second or two then go back to normal. then when I crank it everything locks up, nothing moves a bit, my digital displays shows everything they can show (8888888) at once. then if I turn the engine off, everything goes up normal...
over here the dealership is useless, they have one motorcycle mechanic, that I don t trust they pretty much specializes in scooters and small bikes.
so I called a friend of mine with the same bike, and took my Speedometer and put it in his, and it works fine, and just out of curiosity put his cluster on my bike, and it acted up the same funny way.

please I feel like at on a dead end, any ideas or suggestions will be highly appriciated.

thank you very much

First, :welcome:

Does the bike start? The Sounds like your battery is too low to crank the bike over. Charge the battery for a few hours on a 2A-5A 12V charger then try it. Also, check the connections at the ECU under the seat. I have had a wire come loose that caused my Busa to act funny intermittently.

Keep us posted on what you find. You may end up helping someone else out if they have the same issue.

First, :welcome:

Does the bike start? The Sounds like your battery is too low to crank the bike over. Charge the battery for a few hours on a 2A-5A 12V charger then try it. Also, check the connections at the ECU under the seat. I have had a wire come loose that caused my Busa to act funny intermittently.

Keep us posted on what you find. You may end up helping someone else out if they have the same issue.

+1.

Sounds like you need a new battery...try your friend's battery in your bike and see what happens :thumbsup:

hey guys thanx for the help, but I have a new battery on the bike, new startor, and a new regulator less than a week old.
I have HIDs for low and high beams have been on since 2007. I have experienced the usual reset of the speedometer and the clock, but nothing major like this.
just to experience with it I took the fuses for both lights, and still having the same problem.
===the bike starts effortlessly.

Do the gauges still act funny when the bike is running? If they do you may have an HID balast going bad. They can put out some weird RFI when that happens.

+1 on the HID issue.. unplug the ballasts and see if that changes things... (and not the bulbs, the actual ballasts need unplugged)

I took the electric fuses off from the second row which says, high and low beam...isn t that enough? do u think they are still working even in the off position and with the fuses out?
by the way, over here on most bike you have to actually press the button for the low beams, they don t light up automatically

ok I fixed the problem, it was a lucky find really, I accidently removed the fuel pump fuse, and the bike made its usual check ok, then when I tried to start it, it cranked and I saw the rpm needle trying to work, so I lifted up the tank and located the connector that goes into the fuel pump, a four wire connector, I pulled the green/black wire, and the bike was fine, the fuel gage was dead but everything else was good. after removing the fuel pump, I checked if everything was ok, and everything seemed fine, put back all four wires...and a miracle the fuel gage and everything was working...

19102009045.jpg

hehehe! look closer at the frame, the special edition 06 has a black frame, it s paint job that I did locally mine is a grey 04, here labor is cheap coast me 3500 MAD, it more or less 350 USD.
they are only 4 Gen II in morocco, and that is one of them.
I just put a Full system Devil racing on mine, I always had it with slip-ons, Yoshimuras RS3 then R22, so now I m having a whole lot of fun

I ll put some pictures of my friends hayabusas :)

11012009019.jpg

11012009018.jpg

19102009048.jpg

11012009017.jpg

DSC00109.jpg

You got some nice lookin paint jobs over there:laugh: I just read your post about the 06 LE frame being black, I was gonna call you on it, I have an 06, its an LE now, kinda, sorta:laugh:

Busa 240 007.jpg

:laugh:

Labor is cheap here too, i just had the dealer install yoshi cams (with some valves adjustment), full exhaust and change front tire for less than $200! :cheerleader:

Last edited:
Back