Hayabusa Experts, please HELP me!

usfr122

Registered
hello and thank you for reading,

i own 07 hayabusa with HID, power commander 5. my battery was completely dead, so i jumped started the bike and it started fine. then when i removed the cables from the battery, the cluster stopped working and the headlight was flashing or off most of the time. the needles on the speedometer was reading 160 while i was going 55 and the RPM, temp, and gas stopped working.

what is the possibilities on my problem?

:please:

Make sure the battery is fully charged. Disconnect the battery for a few seconds ( 10 ) and reconnect.

Sounds like the ballast is located too close the the gauge cluster. They have the ability to disrupt their operation.

i dont think the ballest is the problem, because i had the HID for 2 years and this is the first time ever with this problem

the easy start is to check all the connections to battery and pc to make sure there are no problems there.. then check the battery voltage, how old is your battery?? the bad battery does weird things.. i know on my zx14 the gauges needles were all over and stuck in different places.. replaced the battery and problem solved..
if battey is old enough i would replace it..

the easy start is to check all the connections to battery and pc to make sure there are no problems there.. then check the battery voltage, how old is your battery?? the bad battery does weird things.. i know on my zx14 the gauges needles were all over and stuck in different places.. replaced the battery and problem solved..
if battey is old enough i would replace it..

the batter is about a year old or so, i have also heard that hayabusa dont hold batteries much

Try post #2, talking seconds. The only true test of a battery is a load test. Download service manual and use the simple charging circuit test after you have the battery load tested.

Try post #2, talking seconds. The only true test of a battery is a load test. Download service manual and use the simple charging circuit test after you have the battery load tested.

is it the test that you remove the positive wire while the bike is running to see if it shuts off or not? how soon after i start the bike should i remove the positive cable?

thank you so much for the help guys!

Sometimes the battery goes bad. My brother worked for Shucks for several years. It was not unheard of to have a bad one right on the shelf.

As for the HID causing the gauges to malfunction, the gauge cluster is susceptible to the EM splatter. If your battery load test ok then the HID is the next likely cause.

Sometimes the battery goes bad. My brother worked for Shucks for several years. It was not unheard of to have a bad one right on the shelf.

As for the HID causing the gauges to malfunction, the gauge cluster is susceptible to the EM splatter. If your battery load test ok then the HID is the next likely cause.

i know for a fact that the battery is dead, because none will work unless if i jump start the bike. but my question is, once the bike is running, it should recharge the battery right?

but the entire ride home .... 45 minutes in the highway, didnt have headlight and cluster was not working, so i am saying i know the battery is bad but it was not getting charged either ... 45 minutes on the highway should at least recharge it for the head light to come on!

Back