Hayabusa Drag Race...

That sux. If the guy who ran is reading this it gonna haunt him forever. Probably was called over the radio. The guy (cop) must've known his bikes.

Don't know what to say ...Porsche versus Busa thats a joke in its self

The Daimyo

That's IF the guy knew and intentionally ran. From the way I read the article, the cop was just starting to pick up on the chase and BAM! I don't doubt the porche guy saw the cop and pulled off. But we all know that at that high speed, limited helmet vision + small ass side mirrors, we don't have that luxery of glancing back like Cages do. Plus Cages have a actual rearview.

And to argue the other side: Maybe the cop shouldn't have given chase? That's just me being the devil's advocate.

They said the bike was pulling away from him which tells me he should have gave up the chase. Not that it's right to run from the law, I personally wouldn't do it. The way it sounds, it was the tire that caused the accident not the bike......especially if the bike was pulling away???

I am very sadend by the officers death. I just don't think it would fair blaming the "drag racers" for the accident. The Camaro's and other sport cars that are used down south for law enforcement are only used for one reason.. high speed chases. If anything.. I would hold the PD negligable for not having a "high perfomance interceptor" in the best shape possible..

Anyway, the more I think about this the more I get upset.. It really sucks that someone lost their life because of a nail or equipment failure. The fact that it was a LEO that was doing his job makes it even worse. My prayers to his loved ones.
wink.gif

just read the artical. didnt think people actually called crap in like that. must be old people
Dude, in my area (where I police) people call 911 every time a squirrell farts... I wish more people would mind their own f*cking business. I'd say a full 90% of our calls are silly poop that should never have been reported.

Here's a few things that I've heard given to my shift in the past month or so...

"A cat tried to run inside the complainant's residence when she opened the door to go to work and she wants a Deputy to come out to talk with her..."

"Complainant said that the ice cream man drove by with the music playing and didn't stop in front of her house. She wants to meet with a Deputy..."

"Complainant said that an airplane flew over her house and it was flying lower than she thought it should. She wants a Deputy to 10-25 (<~ meet) with her at her residence..."

"Complainant advises she forgot her gate code at (name left out) Storage and can't get in to get to her storage unit. She wants a Deputy to come and give her advice on how to get in..."

No poop folks. I ain't makin' these up. This is just a few of the ones that I remember right now. It's every fuggin' day that we get numerous calls of this type. Oh, and I'm not pickin' on the female callers. Dudes are just as bad. Just so happened that the examples I used were called in by women.

We get at least three or four calls per day on either motorcycles or four wheelers "racing" or "speeding" up and down the road the complainant lives on. You can rest assured that it ain't just old people pimpin' us out to the popo.

Along the same lines of this accident, we had one locally yesterday. A dude on a Yamaha of some kind (older sport bike is all I know. I saw it but it wasn't marked with decals that said what it was other than Yamaha) was racin' a girl in a Porsche from a stoplight (right in front of the Sheriff's Department). Witnesses said the girl kinda swerved over the center line into his lane, but barely. Didn't come anywhere near him. They said he simply straightened the first curve and popped the guard rail haulin' ass. He was life flighted out but I was told he was DOA. Lodged the front wheel under the guard rail so tight that the tow truck had to set up the roll back winch and pull it out. Had to bend the guard rail before the tire would come out. The forks snapped off just below the lower triple and the rest of the bike was in LOTS of pieces. All they found of his lid was the shield.

Be careful folks...

"A cat tried to run inside the complainant's residence when she opened the door to go to work and she wants a Deputy to come out to talk with her..."

"Complainant said that the ice cream man drove by with the music playing and didn't stop in front of her house. She wants to meet with a Deputy..."

"Complainant said that an airplane flew over her house and it was flying lower than she thought it should. She wants a Deputy to 10-25 (<~ meet) with her at her residence..."

"Complainant advises she forgot her gate code at (name left out) Storage and can't get in to get to her storage unit. She wants a Deputy to come and give her advice on how to get in..."
laugh.gif
thats some petty crap. That all translates to i need a deputy to come and slap the hell out of me. Thats probably why they say the police are late all the time cause he just finished counseling ms rose on the squirl that just buried something in her yard. man i feel for yall (cops). And you have to be nice when you arrive too
laugh.gif
When you arrive at a resident you should be like
director.gif
LOOK DUMBA$$ THE SQUIRL WAS BURYING NUTS NOT DRUGS, NOW DONT CALL 911 EVER AGAIN.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
thats some petty crap. That all translates to i need a deputy to come and slap the hell out of me. Thats probably why they say the police are late all the time cause he just finished counseling ms rose on the squirl that just buried something in her yard. man i feel for yall (cops). And you have to be nice when you arrive too
laugh.gif
When you arrive at a resident you should be like
director.gif
LOOK DUMBA$$ THE SQUIRL WAS BURYING NUTS NOT DRUGS, NOW DONT CALL 911 EVER AGAIN.
Hahaha... Yeah, my idea on how to stop some of the silly calls is this. Install taser probes into the ear pieces of ALL phones, especially CELL PHONES and give 911 the ability to fire the damned things. When some silly poop like that gets called in, you get zapped in the fuggin' ear and your phone service is discontinued for 30 days.

Ya know, 911 is one of the best phone related things to ever happen. It is also one of the worst things. I honestly feel that if folks had to pull out a fuggin' phone book and look up a number to call, most wouldn't go to the trouble. It's so easy to hit 9-1-1 and get someone to answer that folks do it just for the hell of it.

Oh, and I forgot my personal favorite dumb ass call of the month last month...

"The complainant's 4 year old and 10 year old are arguing and the complainant wants a Deputy to come take care of it..."

I sorta snapped on that one. I called them by phone and informed them that I don't have kids and I'm sure as Hell not gonna come out and raise theirs. I told them that children arguing was not a police matter. They said they wanted me to scare the children. My reply was this, word for word. "You're probably having this problem with your children now because all you've ever done is threaten and scare them and not follow through with any of it. As a law enforcement officer there is absolutely nothing I can do to a four or ten year old. I refuse to lose the respect as an officer that you've lost as a parent by coming out and threatening them with something I can't do..."

There was a long silence and then the guy thanked me for my time.
biggrin.gif
I fully expected to get a complaint out of that one but I get tired of these people who call us to handle their kids for them. Not my job, thanks anyway.
rock.gif

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1097107790 -->

laugh.gif

hahaha, man im suprised your chief didnt give you a medal for say what he probably wants to say. Hell i would. matter of fact her you go. For being brave and letting a dumbas$ caller know where he stands i award you the highest medal obtainable in this country.... were proud of you

images.jpg

hahaha, man im suprised your chief didnt give you a medal for say what he probably wants to say. Hell i would. matter of fact her you go. For being brave and letting a dumbas$ caller know where he stands i award you the highest medal obtainable in this country.... were proud of you
Lol...
laugh.gif

After I reread the article, the busa rider definitely should sue. He was spotted 4 hours later at a gas station?? Tell me this: What person would hang around the scene of a major accident that involved a cop? For 4 hours? Even with a flat tire, he couldn't have gotten it more than 1 hour. With 3 hours the guy would've been 2 counties away! Decent lawyer would get this guy off, completely, not even a speeding ticket. Witnesses or not, how can you positively ID a rider with a fullface helmet on? At that speed? Even if he had custom paint job, to cagers/non-riders, we all look alike!

After I reread the article, the busa rider definitely should sue. He was spotted 4 hours later at a gas station?? Tell me this: What person would hang around the scene of a major accident that involved a cop? For 4 hours? Even with a flat tire, he couldn't have gotten it more than 1 hour. With 3 hours the guy would've been 2 counties away! Decent lawyer would get this guy off, completely, not even a speeding ticket. Witnesses or not, how can you positively ID a rider with a fullface helmet on? At that speed? Even if he had custom paint job, to cagers/non-riders, we all look alike!
Unless he got a tag number and called it in before he bit it... I'm sure the investigators ain't releasin' all the info they have to the media. They never do... It'd be stupid to give the whole case out to the media. They'd shoot themselves in the foot tryin' to get an impartial jury when the trial rolled around.
rock.gif

where the accidnet happened and where he got caught is about an hour to 2 hrs away. It is not the same place. They could have caught him due to the clothes he was wearing and the discription of him and the bike. Not to many people wear the same exact thing when riding.

He might have not even known that he was being chased, I believe that the article said the camero that the cop was driving was unmarked. if so then the only lights that he would have had were the ones on the dash or the ones near the rearview mirror. that would be hard to see from a bike if you were speeding and trying to pay attention to traffic.

As for him being charged for the death, that I dont think would fly. For one if i get a flat tire and loose control of my car and kill someone, I will be the one going to jail for not being able to control my car. It is the drivers responsibility to control the vehicle he is driving. Thats like someone driving to close and rear ending the guy in front of him that slammed on his brakes, the fault will fall on the driver that did the rear ending.

It is sad that the cop died, but he could have had a blowout on the highway doing the spped limit(which is 70) and had the same thing happen.

OHHH and BT, funny you should say that about people calling 911. here in hawaii if you call the ploice department non emergency number, most of the time they will tell you to call 911 and get an officer to come out even if you tell them that it is not an emergency. I felt weird doing it the first time cause i was taught to only use it in an emergency

For one if i get a flat tire and loose control of my car and kill someone, I will be the one going to jail for not being able to control my car. It is the drivers responsibility to control the vehicle he is driving. Thats like someone driving to close and rear ending the guy in front of him that slammed on his brakes, the fault will fall on the driver that did the rear ending.
yeah true unless you hit a motorcyclist, then you get a slap on the wrist and maybe a fine unless you kill them then you get off with comm service. than theres the final scenero... if your old then they just let you go without even gettin your name

Very sad indeed. I guess when it's all said and done... it's all about the CHOICES people make. I talked to a local Sheriff officer a few weeks ago and he was going on about how he has a distaste for motorcyclists. More of the crotch-rocket variety I might add. He actually told me that if he sees someone speeding on their motorcycle, and they try to flee when he gives chase, then he would do his damndest to try and run over them.
rock.gif
Now I know you guys are wondering... WTF? But, YES! He did say that to me. We were in a general conversation about motorcycles and he all of a sudden got aggrevated. I guess when I think about it now in hindsight what the mentality of some people can be. It doesn't matter that the person is a LEO or a civilian. It just struck me as strange and unusual that this guy whould actually say this to me.
mad.gif

Brian

I like to believe it's called "ENVY"-hate. I think most people that hate us wants to BE us, but can't, so they hate us. I noticed that a lot with guys in fancy sports cars (porches, M-3/M-5s, Mustangs, etc...) and in mod-out rice cars. Especially so if I pull right up next to them and they have a hot girl in their passenger seat. They may have the $$$$ to get the fancy sports cars, but those that hate don't have the balls to get a sportbike/crotch rocket. And they know it. Do I sound like I have a ego, you BET! But I think all of us riders do, especially us Busa riders.

And as for the other type of haters on the road... They are simply the type that bitch-n-complain about all of the sex on t.v., but yet they are constantly watching it while complaining about it.

One of my favorite questions came out of the beginning scene of that movie Torque, "What is it about driving cars that make you people such sugarbritches?"

In case you guys wondered, there is a face behind the name.

A quarter century of service to his nation, leaving behind a wife, two children, and grandchildren.

RIP, brother Haywood.

LINK

One more...

LINK

<!--EDIT|opdsgt
Reason for Edit: "link added"|1097189072 -->

Here's a few things that I've heard given to my shift in the past month or so...

I dunno.... Sounds like BT's squeeze setting up on the job dates!    
rock.gif

tounge.gif

devil.gif

<!--EDIT|RaiderDm
Reason for Edit: "1124"|1097188041 -->

Hey i thought he was only chasing the bike? And why continue to chase the bike when the car turns off?

Back