Hayabusa as a first bike? Everyone discouraging

umairhashmi

Registered
This bike was the very reason i wanted to buy a sportsbike.Didnt know anything about its performance but i love the way it looks.Very few people are encouraging me about this.Most are saying its like signing my own death certificate since this bike WILL kill you if you let it.What if i take riding courses before making a purchase? Any thoughts would be appreciated? Did anyone else also buy this as their first bike? If so how was it?

This bike killed a friend of mine and many board member, most of them w/ years, if not decades, of experience.

Take the local MSF class, Get a used 750 - 900, drop it a few times, experience the fun and cost if it... if you still are in love w/ the Busa after a year or 3, get one.

Having unprotected sex can kill you !!

My busa is actually my second bike. You know your own personal level of maturity and discretion. Take the class and get a smaller bike (ninja 500 or something equivalent or go ride dirt bikes) and later when you feel confortable get one.

Hell skydiving looks cool, but I wouldn't try it.

Just get it. If you want it you're going to regardless of what we say. Best of luck, be careful and enjoy.

If you start out on a busa with no prior experience a kid on a 600 will still dust you in a drag race and likely not die at speed, thereby nullifying two of the more important reasons to own a busa
smile.gif

The Busa is not a good first bike...It's like my 10th bike and it can jump up and get ya like no other...be carefull, take a rid'in course, and use your head before ya twist that throttle or you will get bit....what ever bike ya get take a course. Welcome
smile.gif

Those who will recommend or support your call to get a Busa as a first bike are wholly irresponsible.

It's simple. If you start on a bike too big, you are going to learn too many things wrong, just because you don't know 'em right.

1. Take the MSF Basic Safety Course.
2. Buy a smaller bike, like a GS500F.
3. (This is the tough one!) Ride it for at least a year if not two.
4. Sell the beater biek in step 2 and buy your Busa.

Seriously, that's the way it should work. If you do it right, you'll never regret it. If you don't, and you have a problem, you'll always wonder if you shouldn't have done it different.

Overconfidence is a terrible thing.

Welcome to the board in any case. But do this right, young Padawan!

--Wag--

any bike will kill ya if you are a lose cannon. if you set on geting one get it. just use your head ride within your limits and if ya can control your wrist and be self disaplend the only thing a busa has over another bike its a hell of a lot heavyer. is it a good first bike? no   would it be as fun to ride as a sv650 or other starter bike?  no  try to gather as much instruction as possible dont ever think you have it masterd and think of it as the worlds worst moody, muti personality in need of anger management ready to kill ya at any time in other words its Dr. Jeckel, Mr. Hide. rember this and ya will be fine. if that sounds like what your looking for in a first bike then you have found your next ride. good luck  
smile.gif
and welcome to the board

<!--EDIT|id_gunnut
Reason for Edit: None given...|1122425964 -->

find board member "chowan" and click his profile.. then click read all posts by this member...

he is a first bike busa owner..

no offense chowan... You seem like a good guy to me.. but we were all telling you mostly the same stuff before you got yours...

that being said.. there are others on this board that had a 'busa as a first bike and have done ok with it.. so far anyway... it's a steep learning curve with alot of completely harmless looking curves that turn out to be very dangerous.

wow.gif
YOU WILL DIE IF YOU GET A HAYABUSA FOR YOUR FIRST BIKE!!!!!!
wow.gif

Eventually.  

Of course, you will die if you don't too.

wow.gif

A friend of mine just bought a '02 ZX600R to ride and he thinks it is very fast.  I got on it and was VERY dissapointed at how slow it was until 10,000 rpm. The bike was very controlled, light and will serve him well for a year or two. He rode my ZRX 1200 and said "man I'm glad I did not get a bike any bigger than what I did." He thought it was way too fast for him now.  My ZRX has only got 113 HP. A average BUSA has something like 157 or so. It is no joke when people talk about carefull throttle control when riding a busa.

What may seem like a little twist to you, may put you in the hospital. Seriously, get some thing smaller, or ride a bike that has some kick to it like a FZ1, bandit, 750 sized sport bike and see if you think that you can handle it.  Bigger bikes are way more work to ride around on than smaller bikes.  600 CC or so sized bikes will actually let you have some fun right away unlike a bigger bike.  I have had my ZRX since 2001 and have just now bought a hayabusa. It is being shipped as I type this.
I and other people on this board really would like to have you around in the future to post on this board when you do finally get a hayabusa.  Did you learn how to drive in the family car or a HEMI CUDA?  Same principle!!!

dude just get that damn thing...busa's are the #### there isnt a bike out there that is better than it...just remember you control the throttle just watch out for other people and remember #### happens, the bike doesnt kill people, people kill themselves cause people are ignorant. Everybike takes time to learn just go slow practice your turns oh and whatever you do if you are scared of the bike period dont get it that is the worst thing you can do..i already totalled one brand new busa and im going to go get another one, but it wasnt my fault so who cares....anyways have fun....enjoy the bike and remember you have control the bike doesnt control you!
biggrin.gif

PS...it was my first bike and i never rode a bike ever! i bought it from the dealer and rode it home and went out in the rain my first nite driving...ruff rider 101 baby...just wished that damn guy never would have pulled out in front of me last week, but its cool you live and lean and you buy more ####! im not complaining...i only paid 253 for the busa and the rest was covered...i love insurance...

<!--EDIT|LTDBUSA05
Reason for Edit: None given...|1122429712 -->

Don't do it.

Please. Just don't.

Start on an SV650 and work up.

Yeah, some rookies live through it, but it is really, really, really not a good idea... and you've got a good chance of being one of the statistics that keeps driving the insurance rates up for guys like me....

How about taking the mfs courses and all that first before buying ANYTHING? that would give me a better way to judge my abilities

Back