Have you noticed.

twotonevert

Member of P.E.A.
Donating Member
Registered
Since I purchased the Busa, I have got great service from my dealer. When I had my Katana, they would barely talk to me. Whenever I call or go to the dealer for questions or service, they take great care of me and take the time to explain what they are doing and the costs involved. They even cut me a deal last time I was in on labor. This was never the case before. I have also noticed the same thing when Juli and I purchased our Denali earlier this year. Completely different with other vehicles we have had to the same dealer. Anyone have similiar experiences?

Nope, can't say I've ever experienced any of that...
laugh.gif

Glad someone is though...
beerchug.gif

Nope. Customer service at Mid America Powersports in Wichita Ks sucks all the time regardless of brand or model.
guns.gif

Lessee... our dealer

No parts in stock
1 week minimum time in/out
$70 R&R tire

My local dealer is great, JJ's in Springfield, they greet me by name every time I go in there, and aren't pushy in the least. The parts guy is great; I don't even have to identify myself, just something like "Lay me out a master link, would you, Mike?" I'm spoiled because I'm so special...
hello.gif
I guess it doesn't hurt that I visited my '05 about 15 times before I bought it...

I was impressed with the dealer in Plano when I bought mine in '00. as busy as they are, the guy that sold me the bike remembered me every time I went in there ( which wasn't too often because they're 45 minutes away ) and would ask me if I was still happy with the busa and how it was doing. when/ if I get a chance to buy another from a dealership, they will be the one. the locals here don't seem to remember on a day to day basis it seems.

Nope...once they sell you a bike...it's who the hell are you.make ya wanna just bash their teeth in.I bought a helmet that had a defect within a week.Never been dropped.Right off started giving me shid.When I reminded them I bought 3 bikes from them in 2 years,they say,and we thank you.I say do you think I will ever by another?WRONG.They had to be reminded they wasn't the only dealer in town or country.You sell a defected product you take care of it PERIOD You don't tell a customer they have to wait.When I got done with the rep on the phone,I walked out with a new helmet.
Been a mechanic for over 25 years,I have never worked anywhere where people are treated like these dealers do in this town.They can go to hell as far as I'm concerned.Never bite the hand that feeds you,never kiss ass,just treat people with respect.They'll come back.

Cars: I definitely see a difference between what I got when I had the nissan vs what I get noe with the infiniti (same dealership).

With the bike, though, the service sucks regardless of what I have or what I need.

Cant say i have, my bikes would never go back to the dealer.

I wouldn't buy a an o ring from my dealer cause they would have to order it!

or... it could just be that the busa is just awesome and commands respect from all.
Yep- The guy that sold me mine seemed a little squemish-- only to find later (when I survived the first 600 miles) that he didnt know if I would survive. Always get great service a Joe Harrison/ SA. TX. But then some have had bad moments with them.

couldn't tell you, my bike has never been back to the dealer since I bought it...
cool.gif
"GOT THAT RIGHT".....

Besides, I know this mechanic...named "Spud-something"....he is always "more than glad" to wrench on the SpudleyBusa...it's like

This guy: "Hey dude, what's she need now
rock.gif
"......

Me: "Uhhh..welll..she's about due for cush rubbers..I got some slack in the rear end and I know the chain is exactly where you set it at 1"....."

This guy: "Hmmmm..well sounds like you're right-on-the-mark, got 22,700 on the odometer, betcha it's time".
umnik.gif

Me: "So where can I get a set ?"
please.gif

This guy: "Well I know this guy off Hayabusa.org named Kevin, runs mrcycles.com and can get us a set at a whole lot cheaper than C.P.S. here in Las Vegas".  "I'll put in the order".

Me:  "Will it take long
rock.gif
".....

This guy:  "Nope, just got a shipping confirmation...they'll be here on the 17th of October, we'll slip them in then....take about a half an hour".......

Me: "Well "shaweet" dude, you're awesome !, give me a shout when they arrive".....
drools.gif

This guy:  "Will do, and by the way, we're running another special on labor this month just for H.O.G. Members....."
ThumbsUp.gif

Me:  "Okay, how much to put them in
rock.gif
"......

This guy:  "Well FREE of course"  
super.gif

and you guys thought LAMB was the only one who could actually do the second person thing....heck I included the third as well.........

Unfortunately, a lot of shops are manned with kids that haven't got a technical clue as to what they're really doing, and those guys that are called their "Technicians" (That are actually older than 30) aren't half as acquainted with the Hayabusa as WE ARE !!!  
coolold.gif
 (<--look who's back !!! Right ON !!!
woot.gif
)  Man at this rate, this board will have the most animated emoticon assortment in the WORLD.......now how 'bout an "Elvis" Smiley ?....and thanks for "old cool"....

Find a nice independent shop that carries a good service reputation. They're around, ya just got to look beyond the Big Signs the stealerships have out front.

It's sad to hear so many stories about shops, you guys bought YOUR Busa's from, not treating ya right....what a bunch of goons. Unfortunately, MINE'S the SAME WAY.......I'll handle my own wrenching thank you.......

rock.gif

rock.gif

Back