Got a good laugh out of this today.

GsxrBots

Motorboatin' Moonpies, Gangnam Style
Registered
So I bought my 'Busa on Sept 11th 2010. For about a month or so before purchasing I was torn between the big Ninja and the mighty 'Busa. I read just about everything I could read about both bikes, checked on the availability of the parts I would want for each, etc. So around my area, NONE of the dealers are worth SQUAT, so I was not looking forward to striking up a deal. I drove to the closest Kawi dealer, since their website showed a 2008 ZX14 brand new with "crate damage". While online I find a brand new leftover 2008 Hayabusa but its 2 hours away. Went and checked the Kawi out. Here a scratch, there a scratch. No big deal really. The only deal killer was the huge scratches in the exhaust pipe. They told me they'd make it worth my while. I hike my way up there, with my old bike all stockish (had an M109R) I took everything I had off of it but the lowering kit ready to make a deal and take that 14 home thinking it was gonna save me a ton of money (since it was almost 3 years old and all scratched up).
They wouldn't deal at ALL! It was pathetic.

Got home, called dealer 2 hrs away. Made the deal OVER THE PHONE, and the next morning I rode up there with my 109, and rode the 'Busa home!

Funny thing is this. (wow it took me forever to get to this)
I saw an ad for the Kawi dealer today. THEY STILL HAVE THE ZX14!

Why are dealers SO stupid?? If any dealerships have people watching these forums, they need to realize that its not the bikes they make most of their money off.

I rode the 2 hours back to get my first service, and wound up spending about $200 in accessories while I WAITED for my service (which is unheard of here in Milwaukee to wait less than 2 days for an oil change)

Plus, I will continue to support a Suzuki dealership that is 2 hours away from me when there are 4 other Suzuki dealerships less than 20 minutes from my house.
Not to mention the 2 Suzuki dealerships I pass on my way to the one 2 hours away!

Just doesn't make "cents" to me... :moon:

Weird, it seems like some dealers are in bubbles. They understand to sell on the internet, but few realize the power and info forums have. They can keep that messed up 14 for another year, then maybe they'll realize its how you treat people not what you inatially sell them that makes a good business.

hey man i know how you feel. i went in for a 15k service out at the waukesha dealership and told them specifically said dont touch the cooland and check for the ticking noise. So i get it back and look over the bill and they charged me for coolant to top it off and the clicking noise was still there. So i confront them and they said its probably an exhaust noise. I was so mad i left and found out the noise was a loose pair valve block and that was on the checklist we went over before i gave them the bike. so baisicly a $400 bill for them to upsell something i told them not to do and not fix a problem they were supposted too.

I feel your pain maybe you should share your dealer so us mil town guys can feel safe at the dealership.

Screw it i'm going to uti and going to do fix it myself.

I know what u mean, and I bet that I know what dealer you were dealing with the zx14. :laugh:

I feel your pain, a local bike shop here in Sydney charge $400 for an oil change, they say they do other things but that's all they do. The first and last time I had a service there, there was about 200ml of oil sitting in the bottom of my fairing. I confronted him, and he said it had been washed. As he was talking I saw another bike being "washed", being hit with a high pressure water cleaner for about 5 seconds and then pushed out to dry. They have since gone broke, wonder why?

I have a dealer like that here in Austin/TX too. They are the dealer for Hyosung and I took my 11 month old 2010 bike to them to diagnose why it wouldn't idle and would stall when hot, I figured it would be covered under warranty. Well they charged me an hour diagnostic fee to take the bike apart and tell me the fuel injectors were dirty and did I want to but new injectors at some absolutely ridiculous price. I declined and they charged me again to put the bike back together. When I got it home, I (a non mechanic) was able to get the bike apart and the fuel injectors in my hands in 20 minutes. Cleaning them helped but it still didn't fix the idling problem, that's when I discovered that they had completely missed the fact that the supplemental air lines that lead to the intake manifolds were not even connected to idle control solenoid on the airbox but instead were plugged into solid rods that protrude from the bottom of the airbox.

The bike runs like a champ now, no thanks to them.

I will NEVER go back to them again for service.

I feel your pain, a local bike shop here in Sydney charge $400 for an oil change, they say they do other things but that's all they do. The first and last time I had a service there, there was about 200ml of oil sitting in the bottom of my fairing. I confronted him, and he said it had been washed. As he was talking I saw another bike being "washed", being hit with a high pressure water cleaner for about 5 seconds and then pushed out to dry. They have since gone broke, wonder why?

It wasn't "Western motorcycles" (Penrith) was it, I wish they'd go broke.
Same deal for me, was the 1st service, oil change mandatory, kept the bike for 3 1/2 hrs charged me $300, and did absolutely NOTHING .... Thieves :banghead:

Team Motorsports. De Pere, WI. I'm a customer for life.
I got coffee, cookies, soda, etc while I WAITED for my first service. Bike came out from the back, they washed it, dried it, everything. I was TOTALLY impressed. The only better experience than the service was the original sale!
Wait for the kicker.....

THEY LET ME TEST RIDE THE BUSA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bowdown:

I said, "What? You are gonna let me test ride it?" He said, "You are gonna buy a new bike without test riding it first? That's unheard of !!!"

Were in Milwaukee would ever let someone test ride a brand new bike. Let alone a Hayabusa.

Hands down best experience I've had buying a bike in my life. And I've bought quite a few...

As far as the dealer with the 14, I'm not gonna publicly bash them since I have a friend that works there.. :whistle:

hey man i know how you feel. i went in for a 15k service out at the waukesha dealership and told them specifically said dont touch the cooland and check for the ticking noise. So i get it back and look over the bill and they charged me for coolant to top it off and the clicking noise was still there. So i confront them and they said its probably an exhaust noise. I was so mad i left and found out the noise was a loose pair valve block and that was on the checklist we went over before i gave them the bike. so baisicly a $400 bill for them to upsell something i told them not to do and not fix a problem they were supposted too.

I feel your pain maybe you should share your dealer so us mil town guys can feel safe at the dealership.

Screw it i'm going to uti and going to do fix it myself.

That same Waukesha dealer will never see me in there... I had a deal to buy my old bike (the 109) from there. Did the deal "over the phone" and came down to get it, and they had sold it earlier. They assured me they were getting another one. 3 weeks later, I drove down to Kenosha and bought mine for a better deal even....

GREED is the only word I can think of

+1
thats the biggest reason why i no longer work for the dealer...
just kept on takin a little bit here, little bit there- then i had to try and explain why the charges were so high...
loved workin on bikes- but the owner made it unappealing after so much time.:banghead:

Team Motorsports. De Pere, WI. I'm a customer for life.
I got coffee, cookies, soda, etc while I WAITED for my first service. Bike came out from the back, they washed it, dried it, everything. I was TOTALLY impressed. The only better experience than the service was the original sale!
Wait for the kicker.....

THEY LET ME TEST RIDE THE BUSA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bowdown:

I said, "What? You are gonna let me test ride it?" He said, "You are gonna buy a new bike without test riding it first? That's unheard of !!!"

Were in Milwaukee would ever let someone test ride a brand new bike. Let alone a Hayabusa.

Hands down best experience I've had buying a bike in my life. And I've bought quite a few...

As far as the dealer with the 14, I'm not gonna publicly bash them since I have a friend that works there.. :whistle:
that would tempt me to fly there and ride her back to mass. :thumbsup: i have been to quit a few dealerships here in western mass. and north west connecticut. i have yet to experience a sale like you have. i've owned 2 busa's and neither one of them has ever been washed after service. when i bought my 08' the sales manager tried to take away the sale from a co worker. who knows? maybe because she was a female not sure but when i saw the final bill of sale ,his name was on the sheet. so, i did the dirtbag a favor and had the bill of sale re written with her name on it before i signed. :moon:

Last edited:
that would tempt me to fly there and ride her back to mass. :thumbsup: i have been to quit a few dealerships here in western mass. and north west connecticut. i have yet to experience a sale like you have. i've owned 2 busa's and neither one of them has ever been washed after service. when i bought my 08' the sales manager tried to take away the sale from a co worker. who knows? maybe because she was a female not sure but when i saw the final bill of sale ,his name was on the sheet. so, i did the dirtbag a favor and had the bill of sale re written with her name on it before i signed. :moon:

If you are actually considering it. My salesman was Andrew, and it was a great pleasure dealing with him. First time I've ever bought a bike and right away not felt like I got screwed if you know what I mean. Even the first service was VERY reasonably priced, and like I said, FIRST RATE DEALERSHIP!

If you are actually considering it. My salesman was Andrew, and it was a great pleasure dealing with him. First time I've ever bought a bike and right away not felt like I got screwed if you know what I mean. Even the first service was VERY reasonably priced, and like I said, FIRST RATE DEALERSHIP!
no, i am pretty satisfied with my 08' and i couldn't imagine parting with her. i think the bride would shoot me if she found out i was considering a newer bike. :laugh:

Being kind of in your area im in Lake Geneva. If you ever get the chance try Midwest Action Cycle and ask for sherm if you ever need parts or even bikes. Great place and good pricing. They will treat you good. And there service dept is top notch.

Overhead must be huge in some of the bigger dealerships.... I can think of one close to me with way too many ppl on the payroll. 2 at the front desk, one for street gear, one for off road gear , one for used bike sales, one for new bike sales, one for boat and watercraft, one for snowmachines, 3 at the parts counter 2 at the service counter.
Sales manager, Service manager, Store manager, Owner,, Detailer,,{washboy} and who knows how many machanics? I would say 90% of the time there is more of them then are of us{customers}...
Wanted to trade my 07 for an 2010 last year..... Sounded like they wanted me to give them my bike for the pleasure of buying a new busa off them....

Sounded like they wanted me to give them my bike for the pleasure of buying a new busa off them....

Well, this year, you can head up to Team, and then give ME your '07 for turning you on to them! :please::please::please:

i bought my 09 last july. i went into my local dealership, where i bought my last bike, they only had one busa there that had already been pimped out that they wanted $17,000 for. i asked the sales manager if they had any more busa's. this dude tells me good luck because suzuki was auctioning them off to dealerships, and he tried to buy some the day before and they were selling for 15,000 his cost. i told him thanks. did some research, the next w/e i drove 2 hrs south and bought a new 09 for 11,000otd.

I know what you mean. I have a stealer ship called NEC in northern IN. I tried to buy my last two bikes from them with no luck. I gave them one more chance with the Busa. They would not come down $300.00. I called and made a deal with a dealership an hour away and saved $500.00. I guess the owner needs the gas money for his GT-40! I would not pi__ on the building if it was on fire.

Back