CHECK THIS OUT GUYS!

Ken02busa

Donating Member
Registered
I drove to Spokane Wa, test drove a Corvette, told them in no uncertain terms I WANT IT! They would not take a deposit, said not necessary.

I came back home, got financing arranged at an Alberta dealer, he called and told the Dealer in Spokane "SOLD" and arranged the deal. (6 hour drive 2x to do this deal)

I paid my 5g deposit, signed all the papers, and went home happy.

4 days later, the local dealer calls me, says......"Sorry Ken, they sold the car again yesterday to a local guy who walked in with cash."

I am out hundreds of dollars in phone calls. All on cell, all to do this deal. I took a day off work to siign it. I have wasted so much time it makes me sick.

I sold my Car to pay for this car, I do not have wheels now.

The local dealer says "sorry"

The Spokane dealer says "go look on Ebay, they are cheap there"

The parent Company, Lithia auto group says "we stand behind our Management team, and they say to GFYS" (not those words, but same ending)

I am not going to name the place in Spokane Washington, but we decided to CAMP there for the night, then go back to the CHEVROLET dealer the next morning.

I have 5 different stories about the car, from 5 different people in Spokane, the local dealer, and the broker that was supposed to have handled it. (Autoline from Oregon)

Guess what kind of mood I am in!

This ever happen to you guys?

Da#n, that sucks!!

Makes you want to go and key all the cars in their lot!!
firedevil.gif
argue.gif

You signed a sales contract for the car and put down a deposit before they sold the car to someone else? If that's true, you should talk to a lawer because they are in breach of a legal contract and should have to pay for your expenses.

there has to be a legal action to take on this, its not right no matter how they look at it.

I have to agree with BusaWhipped on this one.

Though I'd probably forego the legal action as not worth the effort (I really don't like lawyers), I would definitely be making a hobby of advertising for that dealership. Here's a few ideas that you may have already thought of:

* Post their name and what they did all over every web site that allows those posts.
* Call the Canadian consulate in Spokane (never underestimate the power of foreign relations) and make sure you phrase it as "this US auto dealer defrauded me, taking my money and wasting my time when they had no intention of selling me the car."
* Call the Washington state attorney general with the same line - this type of consumer fraud is patently illegal and more than one state attorney has made a name for themselves by cracking down on companies like this.
* Of course, call the BBB and let them know.
* Send an open letter to the local and nearby city newspapers informing them (and the public) of your perspective on the matter.
* If they advertised the car in any newspapers, complain bitterly to the newspapers - they don't like to hear that they were used in that way.
* If they advertised in a Canadian newspaper then they may face legal repercussions in Canada as well. Talk to whoever the Canadian equivalent of an attorney general is.
* Spokane must have a TV station, and if they do, they probably have a news desk that loves to cover stories of consumer fraud. Especially when that fraud offends our friends from out of town.
* Of course, tell all your friends! And include the NAME!

In short, make a federal (and international) case of it!

Now, all that said, I highly recommend that you start this by careful consideration of what you expect to gain from it when all's said and done. If you expect some remuneration from them, then quantify that (put a number to it) and tell them up front what they need to do to shut you up. If you expect them to sell you a Corvette with the exact same features at the same price you agreed to originally, then tell them that.

Finally, don't say a word to anybody in anger. When talking to the scumbags (and they are), be as nice as possible and let them know that you are just trying to help them correct a situation that they got into unintentionally. If you're talking to politicians and diplomats, be sure that you let them know that you are helping them to look out for the public interest (that's their job and they'll be grateful for your assistance, we hope). When talking to newspapers, message boards, TV stations, etc., let them know that you really want to make sure nobody else gets taken by these scammers.

I'd have them in court so fast...My wifes law office is getting more and more calls about car dealers,,,could tell you stuff you would not beleve.

Ever heard of perchloric acid?

Hydrochloric acid is HCl.

Perchloric acid is HClO4. That is normal hydrochloric acid PLUS four moles of oxygen in each molecule. Know what that means? You have to store it in paraffin bottles, it eats glass-and anything else it comes in contact with. Think of the blood acid in the "Alien" movies, but for real.

What if someone poured a line right down the middle of some brand new cars from front to rear?
firedevil.gif

Or how about Methyl Perkaptan? Natural gas is odorless, so this is what they use something like 4 parts per million to flavor it with that nauseating smell. I have had the privilege of being on premises when a 55 gallon drum of it was opened, 300 yards downwind- it is absolutely disgusting, closer proximity will induce projectile vomiting and severe physical distress.

What if someone got a supply of hypodermic needles and this substance, and injected it through the door gaskets of all the cars on the lot?
firedevil.gif

Even replacing the entire interior would not work, the car would have to be taken down to bare metal and steam-blasted- I'm thinking total loss. Especially if a customer or two popped the door on a couple first thing to spread the word, not to mention the Haz-Mat team working on the lot all day.
smile.gif

Ain't chemistry wonderful? NEVER piss off a nerd...
laugh.gif

firedevil.gif

(Shibumi @ Aug. 10 2007,09:26) Ever heard of perchloric acid?

Hydrochloric acid is HCl.

Perchloric acid is HClO4. That is normal hydrochloric acid PLUS four moles of oxygen in each molecule. Know what that means? You have to store it in paraffin bottles, it eats glass-and anything else it comes in contact with. Think of the blood acid in the "Alien" movies, but for real.

What if someone poured a line right down the middle of some brand new cars from front to rear?
firedevil.gif

Or how about Methyl Perkaptan? Natural gas is odorless, so this is what they use something like 4 parts per million to flavor it with that nauseating smell. I have had the privilege of being on premises when a 55 gallon drum of it was opened, 300 yards downwind- it is absolutely disgusting, closer proximity will induce projectile vomiting and severe physical distress.

What if someone got a supply of hypodermic needles and this substance, and injected it through the door gaskets of all the cars on the lot?
firedevil.gif

Even replacing the entire interior would not work, the car would have to be taken down to bare metal and steam-blasted- I'm thinking total loss. Especially if a customer or two popped the door on a couple first thing to spread the word, not to mention the Haz-Mat team working on the lot all day.
smile.gif

Ain't chemistry wonderful? NEVER piss off a nerd...
laugh.gif
Wow, remind me NEVER to piss you off.

firedevil.gif

Crashtestdanny had some very excellent ideas! So did Shibumi although I think his are all federal charges if caught. Never use a chemical that is on any type of (federal watch) list for a prank and I think that first one is...

Definitely consult an attorney... There is nothing worse than owning a company and receiving something from an attorney that isn't yours. Sometime it only takes the letterhead! I think you should really try to punish them... Post the name and story on many many sites and then email them the links.
E

Man, sorry to hear that. Hope you can get them to make it right or give you back you money. There has to be some legal action you can take.

Good luck, let us know what the outcome is if any. I too put a deposit down except it was on a bike. They raised the price and sold it to someone who was going to pay more for it. I said wait a minute I already put a deposit down and we already agreed on the sale. They sold it to someone who was willing to pay more.
AAAssjani.gif

(BusaWhipped @ Aug. 10 2007,04:12) You signed a sales contract for the car and put down a deposit before they sold the car to someone else?  If that's true, you should talk to a lawer because they are in breach of a legal contract and should have to pay for your expenses.
This is correct, if you signed a contract and they accepted a deposit then there has been an offer, acceptance and consideration given. This is a legally binding agreement, that was your car. Sue their ass, you can take them to small claims for up to $5,000.

(dmrowe @ Aug. 10 2007,09:25)
(BusaWhipped @ Aug. 10 2007,04:12) You signed a sales contract for the car and put down a deposit before they sold the car to someone else?  If that's true, you should talk to a lawer because they are in breach of a legal contract and should have to pay for your expenses.
This is correct, if you signed a contract and they accepted a deposit then there has been an offer, acceptance and consideration given.  This is a legally binding agreement, that was your car.  Sue their ass, you can take them to small claims for up to $5,000.
i agree to that...

(BusaWhipped @ Aug. 10 2007,07:12) You signed a sales contract for the car and put down a deposit before they sold the car to someone else? If that's true, you should talk to a lawer because they are in breach of a legal contract and should have to pay for your expenses.
Sounds like breach of trust
crazy.gif

Back