Oak Ridge, TN

Tree

Registered
I am in the final stages of getting a new job, and it is looking like I will be in Oak Ridge, TN for a while. Are there any neighborhoods to stay away from? Which local dealer has the best deals on Can-Am quads?

i am about 60 miles south of oak ridge there are a few on here that live close up that way. oak ridge is a good place to live and work. i am sure there are some areas to stay away from, for the most part all good news about the city. except you are like me now one of the first to go in the event of a nuclear attack.
beerchug.gif

Tree,

Oak Ridge is a pretty nice area to live in.  I guess the only area I know of to stay away from is the Gamble Valley area.  This is the predominately black, lower income area between the Y-12 Weapons Plant and the south side of Illinois Ave.  There's a lot of crime and occasional shootings in there.  Most of the area outside of that is middle income.  You'll also need to remember that quite a bit of the housing is war era.  If you talk to realtors make sure you find out how old the houses and the area is that they're trying to push on you.  I live in Powell, about 20 minutes east of OR but have worked in OR for 30 years.

This town is primarily professionals with a heavy leaning on scientific types.  With the weapons plant and the ORNL research lab here, the education levels are high.  Oak Ridge schools consistently rank pretty high in the state for quality and test scores.

You're 20 minutes from Knoxville and 60 minutes from the Dragon.  There are wonderful roads all over the area for everything from straight and flat to highly technical twisties.  It's a great place for anyone that enjoys the outdoors.  There are several lakes within a very short drive.  The mountains are only an hour away.  The Cumberland Plateau is even closer.

This is a great area for motorcycles.

There's not many dealers in the Oak Ridge limits, but there are many nearby. Here's a few to start with.

ALCOA GOOD TIMES, INC. 12.4 Miles

2019 TOPSIDE RD.
LOUISVILLE
TN US 37777

Phone: 865-981-4444
Fax: 865-981-4434

Email: cjansing@alcoagoodtimes.com

MOUNTAIN ADVENTURES HALLS 12.9 Miles

7415 MAYNARDVILLE PIKE
KNOXVILLE
TN US 37938

Phone: 865-922-8600
Fax: 865-922-8483

Email: bombardierman@hotmail.com
Web: http://www.mountainadventurestn.com

LAFOLLETTE MOTOR SPORTS 27.6 Miles

1408 JACKSBORO PIKE
LAFOLLETTE
TN US 37766

Phone: 423-562-5239
Fax: 423-566-8408

Email: jwsproles@gmail.com

Welcome to the area.

Dan

ive only been to ok ridge a couple of times to run my old jeep thru the coal creek mining area.

Back