Devil's Triangle

Busa Jules

Little blue pill, M.Ed.
Donating Member
Registered
Most of the people who were at the Bash know that DocDrop and I headed off Thursday in search of the Devil's Triangle in TN. It was a long day but SOOOOO worth it. I've been asked for the directions a lot... so here ya go... I started at the Dragon since most of us know how to get there.

okay... Devil's Triangle... 129 through the Dragon... to TN411 west (turn left).. to TN95 north (turn right)... follow 95 all the way into Oak Ridge... turn Left on Illinois St (in Oak Ridge)... Turn Rt on Ann St (be careful.. this one sneaks up on you)... Turn Rt on TN 330... Turn Left on TN 116... Follow TN 116 back to TN 62... turn left on TN 62, follow it and it brings you back to Oak Ridge

The Devil's Triangle is actually the TN 116 part... but it takes a while to get there.... TN 95 is a REALLY FUN road too. Rayabusa tells me that Oak Ridge is where the Manhattan Project took place (you know... Atomic Bombs)

It is no Dragon.. the road has potholes and rocks (you run through 2 quarries on it). There are dump trucks and a lot of residential areas.. but the road/ curves is AWESOME... just make sure you run it from East to West... the other way the road surface SUCKS.

(Note: I tried to embed the map... but well...I must be a Google Map R-tard)

Last edited:
How many miles was the entire trip Jules? I know you two got back kind of late, so I'm sure you did some long riding :bowdown:

From Robbinsville there and back it likes 231 according to Google Maps. Good Long Ride.

Thanks Dino...yeah, long ride, but I bet it's a great one...it's on the list :thumbsup:

Come On Don... don't spoil all the fun... the switchbacks are the only thing that would be tricky on the Busa.... I did it on the R6...

Oh and BTW... our total trip was like 350 miles.. with one wrong turn and then we came back through Tellico Plains and the Cherahola Skyway into Robbinsville.

Thanks Jules, was wondering how that ride turned out for you guys.

Other than my butt hurting since i was on the SM (super motrard)it was great and we got to chat with a TN HP which he gave us a little insight to what they look for on the Dragon.

Back