pinnacle wax

jch364

Registered
Some time ago I think i did a thread about pinnacle wax. At the very least I had posted up some comments on them. I said then and I still say now that the products they sell are truly outstanding. They are expensive compared to off the shelf waxes. The quality and shine I think is better than anything I have every used and I have tried probable everything off the shelf. Now whether its really worth the price or not I will leave up to you but recently I did have this experience on the phone with them.

I noticed a couple of weeks ago that the pinnacle paint cleanser that i had bought almost 2 years ago had seperated. No matter how hard I shook the bottle it would not mix. None of the other bottles of stuff I got did this. Just the paint cleanser. I figured that i was just stuck and wouldnt be able to do anything about it but i figured i would call them anyway. So I did. The guy looked up my address and verified what I purchased and when and then said that he would send me out another bottle to replace this one for free. Never hesitated. Now thats customer service. He didnt have to do that. It had been almost 2 years after all, but he did.

Dont think anyone else would have been so willing to do that. Its a great line of products and a great customer service. High end stuff but they really do want the customer to be happy with what they purchased.

Just thought I would pass that along and recommend them to anyone to try. Great stuff!:thumbsup:

Have you tried Zanio, Wolfgang, Nattys, Klasse, Optimum, DP, Collonite, Einszett? There are a lot of high end products out there once you stop looking at the local parts store and shop online with a true high end supplier.

Autopia.org is my favorite site for all things detailing related.

I have not tried the zainio line. I did look at it though. looked interesting. I just chose pinnacle. I might be willing to look into them though. They are my first attempt at shopping outside the box so to speak.

Have you tried Zanio, Wolfgang, Nattys, Klasse, Optimum, DP, Collonite, Einszett? There are a lot of high end products out there once you stop looking at the local parts store and shop online with a true high end supplier.

Autopia.org is my favorite site for all things detailing related.

i will have to look into those.. thanks

talk about resurrecting the dead thread...lolol... I did end up trying Klasse. Its a pretty good product. A bit different in application. Not exactly easy on and easy off but not that bad. the shine is good and it lasted several months as I recall. Recently I bought some black label sealant and black label synergy both made by Pinnacle. It is a very good synthetic. super easy on and off. The beading has lasted a year so far and its reflectivity makes it great on light colored cars where a carnauba would be somewhat less noticeable since lighter colors lack the depth that darker colors show. I have a silver car and a black car. Works great on darker colors as well. Well worth the try if someone feels so inclined ..Of course a wax thread of which is best is like an oil thread...lol

So I do have a question for those enthusiast out there. I have decided to dive head first into doing compounding and paint correction on my car. I have watched several video's on it as it scares the hell out of me. So I got a DA polisher made by ryobi actually.... I could have gotten a cheaper one but being cordless was a huge plus for me. Anyway as I am a Pinnacle fan I got their black label compound and polish. Im gonna dive into it when it all gets delivered. Im going to use my Toyota Tacoma as a test victim. its 14 years old and the paint is poop. Only God has washed it in the last 8 years or so. But thats another step son story.. Its a perfect test car to practice on. Ill make sure to post some pics. good or bad...lol I know there have got to be more than a few car paint detailing enthusiast out there so I was wondering what your experiences have been and what are the pitfalls i should look to avoid....

It’s not that scary. I would start with a light cut media before going balls deep on it. Get the feel for the polisher, pad, media needs. See how it turns out. If you need to get more aggressive use a heavier media. I have gotten glass shines out of nothing but 105 and it’s aggressive as heck. Start slow. Wash car first. Would help if you clay bar it as well before polishing. As for scratches, if it catches your fingernail, a polish alone will not remove it. Rinse and repeat.

Btw, I loved pinnacle on my. Z06

7F5C338A-433C-44FD-8A50-E239AD5B1103.jpeg

I ordered and got in my DA polisher and have started my experiminting on my truck. Ill show some pics when I get done with it and what I used. So far I find that it is not nearly as intimidating as I thought. Actually its pretty straight forward. Not that hard, even for me! More to come

Sooooo I got the DA polisher in and practiced on half of the hood on my truck. I have to admit its not as hard as I thought it would be. With the compound and polish I used I got out almost all of the scratches and did get out all the light stuff. Once I get the house painting done Im going to tackle the Rogue I have. So far so good!

Man I wish I’d seen this earlier! So I do paint correction/detailing on the side.
I’ve used Meguiars, 3M, Chemical Guys… it’s all decent stuff and if you know what you’re doing it can all produce a great finish (some with a bit more work) and the DA makes it sooo much easier. Don’t be afraid of it and on old dry paint don’t forget to wet the pad and clean it often! Dry paint tends to clog the pad as it works and it heats up faster.
I just did my 07 CRV with just a hybrid compound and while it’s white, the least rewarding color as you have to look for the difference you’ve made, it came out really nice. She sits out in the Florida sun so looked chalky but now she’s shining nice!
Good luck with the the second vehicle! You’ll only get better/faster as you go!

My brother one time gave me a container of a polishing compound they use on Fiberglas boats...it was some serious stuff...I must ask him what the name of it was....it seemed to last for a long time as it was designed to counter the effects of water erosion on boat hulls...

I recall driving with my arm out the window and brushing the door with my hand and how slick it was...I'll bet it would increase air flow over the bike like nobody's business...

Back