Have a question about TIRES!!!!!!!

oilfieldsteve

Registered
OK GUYS and GALS, looking for a set of tires, that i can keep my performance in the cornering but, get the mileage in the center. Have pirelle diablos super sports, and I only get about 1000 miles out of them. ANY suggestion? Thanks.

1000 miles. Ouch. I remember those those days. Changing tires every 30 days. :laugh:

Lot of tire threads to sift through - rule is everyone has their favorites, but if you want a bit more mileage, then look into the sport-touring tires.

Avon St's....

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

They've been good to me. :laugh:

Soooo many threads regarding this topic floating about right now. :poke:

Anywho.....I knew the Diablo's were reporting some poor mileage, but brother...1k takes the cake! I'd be PO'd :banghead:

You will get a ton of recommendations.....just like in the other threads. But once again, I say you have to pay to play and the new Dunlop Q2 is going to be the tire to beat in 2010. Yes...it's available now. Check w/ our board sponsors.
Dunlop Sportmax Q2 Product Review - Sportbike Tires Review - Motorcycle USA

:: Specs :: DUNLOP - SPORTMAX Q2

dunlop-sportmax-q2.jpg

Last edited:
OK GUYS and GALS, looking for a set of tires, that i can keep my performance in the cornering but, get the mileage in the center. Have pirelle diablos super sports, and I only get about 1000 miles out of them. ANY suggestion? Thanks.

I have come to the conclusion that there is no such animal. I have not seen too many post about tires lasting longer than 7000 if you ride them moderately hard (twisties and such). My last back tire was used in the twisties and mainly as a daily commuter and was so flat in the middle (how flat was it?) That I could stop at a red light and not put my feet down.:laugh:

And they had the middle harder technology. They are great tires and I use them only, and they have been the best of both worlds, but I still don't get much over 7000 out of them.
Not even going to go there on the make, as it will just be a hoon fest of opinions here.
Bubba

The throttle isn't an on-off switch. :poke:

With smooth throttle and braking I should be getting 5-6k out of my current BT016 tires. I'll report on that next spring when I get back in the saddle.

Look into the dunlop roadsmart. I run the roadsmart in the rear and the quailifer in the front. performance and mileage. Bike handle's fine. 6500 mi. on the rear tire and it's still got over 1/4 tread left. No burnout's and I 'am on the easy side with it.

I really like the 2CT's...

As long as I use my extra set of wheels and tires on the tracks, I just got 4000 miles out of my 2CT's, and that's not with the easiest riding in the world~!~

i use a conti sport attack on front and a road attack on rear,they work great together in the twisties and get between 4000 and 6000 depending how u ride.great in the wet also. good luck oo 4th set im on.

Shinko!
Posted via Mobile Device
:rofl::rofl:
i run the conti road attacks and love em, the bt's were good i got 3000 miles out of the rear. with my weight and how hard i ride they lasted good. but i am always up for trying a new could be better tire and i like the feel of the conti's more. i have rode multiple ppls bikes with shinkos and they feel like your cornering on wet road paint. good tires to burn up and down a quarter mile for most bikes tho. cheap and good for throw aways. but i know a guy that corners well on shinkos. there not for me but thats why there r alot of choices. nice thing about the busa is you will have to change the tire out enough that you will find the one u like eventually.

Back