HAULING THE BUSA

vincebusa

Donating Member
Registered
We are going to the track this year(thunder hill)Want to know
if two big bike(Busa and R1) will fit on a 4X8 flat bed trailer??Im buying a cheap ass trailer.4x8 or 5x8 which one??

thanks all
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|vincebusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1105376189 -->

4 x 8 and 5 x 8 will both be tight, but I think a 5 x 8 would work. You can rent trailers from U-Haul, but if you are buying, you might want to consider investing in something decent.

i have a small 6X10 fastline trailer paid 800 bucks for it with the ramp works great for 2 bikes or what ever else i wanted wish i woulda got a bit bigger to haul a couple 4 wheelers though stores fairly easy if you want set it up against a building if neccesary

The 5X8 is definitely what you want. A 4X8 probably wouldn't work because I'm sure the bike WILL touch each other.

Vince, when are you going to the track? I want to do some track days this year, but not on the Busa. I'm thinking about buying a used 600 cc bike.

I hang out at T-Hill quite a bit, so let me know when you're going, and I will go check you out.

I have a busa and a what is called an 8x10 trailer. (AZ-Tex) It was 150 bucks more than the 5x8 (1150 OTD, DMV and all) and the actual bed size is like 6'6"x10' the length is good because I fit 4 5 gal gas containers in the back remember busa is long and wide ;)

pack the wheel bearings on that used trailer !!!!!!!!!!!!!! if it has been sitting long new bearings , rims and tires probably under a hundred bucks ! evev see a boat an the trailer on the side of the road with one or no wheels left on the trailer! bad bearings busa doesnt weigh 3000 lbs so i imagine it wont be pretty ! some times better to buy new or cumpletly rebuild old ! i have seen springs disappear and the trailer fall right on the tire put the jack in between axle and trailer and tie it off on the road again but not carring the busa northern tool has some nice trailers for under 500 bucks in cluding a 4 * 8 flat bed for 199$ put bearing buddies on there and two grease pumps before you leave ! piece of mind !

Vince,  when are you going to the track?  I want to do some track days this year, but not on the Busa.  I'm thinking about buying a used 600 cc bike.

I hang out at T-Hill quite a bit, so let me know when you're going, and I will go check you out.
My son and i will be going to the track in August.
I will be using my busa just to try it. never been to the
track before Am actually in the market of a track bike
if i find one then i will not use my busa..

I will let you know..
smile.gif

Barely got a 10R and a R1 on a 4x8, and they bounced into each other and the railing. Two 12Rs are pretty tight on a 5' wide trailer but works fine. I wouldn't try those two bikes on a 4x8, IMO.

Just a thought, but if your buying you might want to consider what other uses you may have for the trailer. Might want to go ahead and get a bigger one. Too small a trailer is a showstopper, having some extra room, just means you reduce your risk of accidents and give yourself space for beer and the BBQ.
thumbs-up.gif

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1108540243 -->

5x8 should fit the busas... but dont you wanna plan with the future in mind, and buy a bigger one
rock.gif
biggrin.gif

I use my neighbor's 5x8 and it works great. Got my busa and his TL1000 on there with no problems. Just make sure you get them secure so they dont rub each other
wink.gif

Back