Hey, what kind of rigs (trailers) do you guys

dayum sleeper you aint fu@Kin around that is a big a$$ trailer man id sleep in that piece istead of gettin a hotel what truck tows that an excursion or H2?
Got a steal on a Credit Union REPO the other day.
They made me an pffer that I couldn't refuse.

DSC02056.JPG

I'm rolling with a Haulmark 6 X 12, set up for two bikes. So far the only times I plan on using it is for a trip home to Alabama in June, the Roundup in Wisconsin in August, and Biketoberfest in October. The rest of my ventures will be on 2 wheels all of the way.

DJ

hey, howd you get the bikes in the back of the truck. I am too scared to even attempt to put mine back there. I would drop it! Not to mention the bike weighs like 3 times my weight.. hehe. Whats yer secret? In and out?
blush.gif

YO ICE.. hit me up with some info on the trailer. I saw that you built yourself. I would like the DL, so i can get me a trailer. I need one to tow my mower too, so i can cut a few lawns this summer for some extra dough..

What I haul my 'Busa around on is made in Germany, made by this company Metzler. They're called Sportec M1's.

Yes, I ride my bike to track days (and home).

Yes, I'm nuts. And I'm jealous also, btw.

Yeah James,
NICE trailer!!

I have an 8'X14' Pace. I love it, cept I had to buy a bigger truck to pull it.
Hey Sleeper,

How many bikes can you fit into that trailer? I've been looking for an enclosed but can't decide on the size. Ideally I'd like to get 3 street bikes in one or 1 bike and 2 quads. Can an 8x14 do it or am I going to be looking at a bigger trailer?

Thanks
Brian

does anyone have any trailer size recommendations based on the above?

thanks in advance

just bought me a 5x8 trailer w/ the fold down ramp today. $677 bucks on the road with title in hand. 2klb capacity. not too bad of a price i guess. Now i gotta get me a hitch.. hehe.. the truck bumper sits WAY to high to attach it there, it only gives me a bout a 15 turning radius with such a drastic angle off the ball. damn. Nothing fancy, but just something to haul the mower for the side job, and the busa in which consumes the funds from the side job.. who hoo!!

does anyone have any trailer size recommendations based on the above?

thanks in advance
Take everything outside that you'd like to be able to fit in yer trailer.......park them all in an upright fashion as though they were strapped in yer cool new trailer.....close to each other but not too close.......measure the length and width of the area they take up, then add enough on the outsides to comfortably fit straps down to the floor.....remember sportbikes require strap hooks that are a fair bit away from the bike so's ya don't pull tight on the side panels when cinching down.
Worked great for me with my first trailer, an deven better with the second.
Hope this helps bro!!
Bill

Mine is setup for 1, right in the middle.
My Buddy's 8'X12' Hallmark has had a GIXXER 1000, a Yamaha WARRIOR and a Yamaha 80 in his........

<!--EDIT|SLEEPERBUSA
Reason for Edit: None given...|1079113751 -->

thanks guys! I'm just planning ahead on the 4wheelers right now but if I'm gonna plunk down the $$ I might as well do it once
wink.gif

Just curious to see the set ups.  I use a open 5x8 trailer with an old stock can bolted to the front to protect my fender from hitting the rail.  I will post pic when i clear it off of all the other junk I have on it right now.  Pics are welcome?  I am considering going to a closed trailer. But i think I will save up for a few years to get one of those fancy half trailer half rv deals!!!
BB,

a friend of mine just got a 45 foot RV / garage which sleeps 6 and stores 4 bikes comfortably. It is unbelievable! It has a hydraulic lift on the back to lift bikes into the garage area, a big air compressor, slide out full sized grill, Dolby digital home theater, and a seating area with canvas top on the top for watching races from above!

I am planning to get a 2 bike covered trailer in the next couple of weeks. I would go 4 bike, but then I would have to upgrade the pulling vehicle!

-Rip

Well I have 2 opens and a enclosed which i'm selling the enclosed is a 7X16 just don't use it enough the opens are a 6X10 works great for 2 bikes have like 800 bucks into that one kinda bike but i use it on the farm also then i went spendy and bought an aluminum one to pull one bike behind my show car on

And hey Iceman how dose that cover work on the bike going down the road dose it flap any and hurt the bike and where did ya pic it up at i'd like to know thanks
smile.gif

When I did my trailer I approached it two different ways. First buying a 5x8 tilt bed utility trailer with 12" wheels. I asked a ton of questions. Many members gave comments. Chris, (SLEEPERBUSA) offered some of the best suggestions at the time.

Locally a small utility trailer 5x8 w/12" wheels sold for about $200-$300 used and $450 on up new. If you know someone who can weld cheap then build it is cheaper. If not buy a already done utility trailer and mod da hell out of it.

The tilt bed was nice because I can ride right up it and into the "LA CHOCK". Lean forward and the trailer eases down. I can then get off because the bike holds itself in the chock. Strap it down and go. I got the diamond flooring from a local metal shop. It was their scrap so it was nearly free. I had to pay them to cut it to size thats it. Drill and bolt it down. Added the tool box (yard sale $2.00). I keep the straps, oil, jack, 4way etc in trailer. Bought the spare from a local boat supply place. Spare rim tire and spare holder mount was $20.00. Mounted the tool box on a piece of wood. Wood seperatly mounted to trailer neck. FOught like hell with the lights due to grounding problems. 3 cans of spray paint and it was done.

A welder will have access to everyting you need for the rails if you build it. The axels are pretty cheap. Find an ok used one and repack the wheel greese, paint it and change the floor. $400 out da doe! Pulled 3 bikes on it to myrtle last year with out any problems.

JD

JD

Man Chris Im so jealous of that trailer. Is that kanji painted on or a giant decal? Ever slip on that floor?

Did you have to take a seperate insurance policy out on it?

And lastly would a S-10 series blazer pull that size trailer without pulling the rear dif out?

JD

Well JD.
Thats what I WAS pullin it with. An 85 S-10 Blazer with a Vortec 4.3. It's got 135,000 miles and is tired.
It pulls great.............until I get to the first overpass
laugh.gif

Paul had a Harley truck with a V-8 that got better gas mileage when we towed to The Texas Mile. My foot was on the floor the whole time while he was able to drive normally, with the bigger motor. Those hills almost killed me.  
firedevil.gif

I have a Buddy that makes stickers and graffics out of his van, He came by 1 day and installed those for me. I guess I oughtta catch  up with him 1 day and give him a few $$$, Huh?

I almost busted my azz real good 1 day on that floor. Oil and water don't mix. It's easy to clean tho, Just Mop-n-Glow
jump9.gif

I scored up on that trailer also. My Buddy bought it and made 2 trips with it. It was sitting in his yard for 2 years, so he sold it to me for $1500
wow.gif

<!--EDIT|SLEEPERBUSA
Reason for Edit: None given...|1079143786 -->

Yeah, he messed up the rear end in his race car and needed the cash to fix it. I was in the right place at the right time.

Back