Hauling my Busa to see GPW

BigGeorge

BigGeorge
Donating Member
Registered
Over the past few months I've been reading everything that GPW posts regarding the work he does on suspensions, and just plain making Busa's and 13.5's a whole heck of a lot better.

Yesterday I PM'd Greg, so could give me an idea of what he offers for suspension upgrades. He tossed me the idea of working with the OEM front shocks, respringing them for my weight and adding racing grade synthetic fork oil. And doing similar service to the rear shock, new springs, new valving and seals, re-charge of nitrogen and then adjusted to my weight. Nice package for $995. Sounded good... but I'm always curious about the upgrade package.

The upgade... Axxion 20/20 front, Penske 8981 rear shock, Sprint steering damper, and a fresh set of Avons mounted and balanced. Friggin' yeah!

Greg tollerated 100 questions over the phone and through 8 or so emails. Answered all my questions and left me with no doubt that when my Busa is done she'll be stamped with the Hyperbike Performance badge and I'll be a happy camper!

So, BrendanP and I will be trailering Thor to see Greg at Hyperbike Performance in Maryland later this month... an 8-hour ride. Dropping my Busa off in the safe and sound hands of Greg and picking her up when he's done working his magic.

beerchug.gif

Greg needs to title his packages, like Suspension Level I, II etc.. I mean everyone else does...or maybe thats another thing to make HPC Standout.

Sounds good. I ordered some of those Tsukigi cans from him today. its good that the org members support the sponsors. I try to do some business with as many as I can. Let us know how the mods work out.

Thanks George it was a pleasure speaking with you. I often see everything at maximum first and anything else second. The suspension set-up "WILL" give you a whole new riding experience. An area often overlooked by many. Considering these bikes were set up to tote around 150lb...people. The upgrades will make you think you are on a new bike. We of course will address anything else we see along they way and your bike will be returned machine polished and handling great....oh yeah with the badge on it. Had someone ask for one yesterday to put on their bike, I replied "no" we need to touch your bike first.  
super.gif

GPW...where in Maryland are you located,that sounds like a nice package for the price and considering im 290lbs it would definately make an improvement.Im in Philly so You cant be that far of a trip for me.lmk thanks

(DEVLDOG @ Jan. 17 2007,05:32) GPW...where in Maryland are you located,that sounds like a nice package for the price and considering im 290lbs it would definately make an improvement.Im in Philly so You cant be that far of a trip for me.lmk thanks
Frederick, MD...301-473-9191

(GPW @ Jan. 17 2007,05:flamethrowing:)
(DEVLDOG @ Jan. 17 2007,05
zzwhip.gif
) GPW...where in Maryland are you located,that sounds like a nice package for the price and considering im 290lbs it would definately make an improvement.Im in Philly so You cant be that far of a trip for me.lmk thanks
150 mi from me,Ill be in touch soon,Im in the process of looking for a trailer...little bit nippie right now to ride the bike down..haha.thanks

(DEVLDOG @ Jan. 17 2007,05:44)
(GPW @ Jan. 17 2007,05
flamethrowingsmiley.gif
)
(DEVLDOG @ Jan. 17 2007,05
zzwhip.gif
) GPW...where in Maryland are you located,that sounds like a nice package for the price and considering im 290lbs it would definately make an improvement.Im in Philly so You cant be that far of a trip for me.lmk thanks
150 mi from me,Ill be in touch soon,Im in the process of looking for a trailer...little bit nippie right now to ride the bike down..haha.thanks
February is already booked solid...so the sooner the better, if this a forecast of what April will be like we will need a bigger place already. We are amazed....moving faster than we could have ever expected...CT, NY, VA, MA coming from afar...
beerchug.gif

(GPW @ Jan. 17 2007,06:15) The suspension set-up "WILL" give you a whole new riding experience. An area often overlooked by many. Considering these bikes were set up to tote around 150lb...people. The upgrades will make you think you are on a new bike.
I can vouch for that. Greg didn't do mine but after having performance upgrades on my bike done, I'm actually excited about riding my bike again, just like I was the first day!

Good on ya, Greg.

--Wag--

Back