Hate USPS

The attitude and accountability of the USPS is why there is a FEDEX and UPS. Without Billion$ in direct tax support they'd be long gone.
Actually the USPS is the only government organization that is self-sufficient and does not receive support.
At $.39/stamp, they damn well better be self-sufficent. Hell, they better be funding the larger portion of the highway system at those rates.

Actually the USPS is the only government organization that is self-sufficient and does not receive support. [/QUOTE]
WRONG. They got 3.8 Billion thru the homeland security back door last year. Scheduled to get more over the next 3 budgets.
That aside...we have the best letter carriers on the planet. Its a gruelling job. Now the management......

<!--EDIT|newmill
Reason for Edit: None given...|1136957926 -->

They realized they suck at transporting parcels without losing them. That's why they have contracted Fedex to transport all of the parcels. You think it's bad now...try remembering back two years! By the way...why do we need to BUY insurance for packages? We PAY them to DELIVER what we hand over to them. Why must we PAY them to deliver it Unbroken?!? Think that BS would work anywhere else? Here is your car Mr. driver. We accidently dropped it off of the transport car and it rolled down a hil before catching on fire but the car is delivered so, Have a nice day...

props to postal
beerchug.gif

Just found out my girlfriend did not receive her $900.00 Jimmy Choo purse I bought her for X-mas. I insured the package, but guess what.. does me no good since some a...hole stole my wallet the other day and I have no cash receipt for the shipping of the package. Post Office tells me I'm sh.. out of luck. Should of shipped it Fed Ex or something at least they can track it by you name.. Wow what a concept.
 Anyhow I had to vent...
So If anyone has any type of inside info that can help out my situation please let me know. I'm going to see if I can do any good by just doing the lost mail route. NO wonder they call it going postal!!!  Thanks everyone..
You bought a $900.00 purse?
wow.gif
rock.gif
wow.gif

wow.gif

The attitude and accountability of the USPS is why there is a FEDEX and UPS. Without Billion$ in direct tax support they'd be long gone.
Actually you are wrong. We (the USPS) receive NO money from your tax dollars, i.e. the Federal Government. That has always been a misconception of the general public. We are totally self sufficient and generate our own revenue through stamp sales, bulk mailing, retail products, and mailing services.

P.

The attitude and accountability of the USPS is why there is a FEDEX and UPS. Without Billion$ in direct tax support they'd be long gone.[/quote]
Actually the USPS is the only government organization that is self-sufficient and does not receive support.[/quote]
At $.39/stamp, they damn well better be self-sufficent.  Hell, they better be funding the larger portion of the highway system at those rates.[/quote]

At .41 cents for a first class stamp we are one of the least expensive first class mailing services in the world.  I believe in Japan it costs over 1$ to mail a first class letter.

P.

thumb_up.gif

I highly recommend using USPS Priority Mail (2-3 day delivery) with Insurance and with Delivery Confirmation or Signature Confirmation.  Compare that price against FedEx and UPS for 2-3 day shipping and you will see we have them beat.

Express Mail (overnight) comes with free tracking and signature confirmation.  Always compare prices and don't just assume that USPS is higher.  You will find in most cases we are cheaper for the same or similar service.  Always protect your package though!

I do not recommend using USPS Parcel Post.  Could easily get damaged or lost.

P.

ThumbsUp.gif

I like USPS because they don't leave my packages out for others to steal. This was the date of the last post before you answered. Posted On: Jan. 11 2006, 9:50 PM
cool.gif

Actually the USPS is the only government organization that is self-sufficient and does not receive support.[/quote]
At $.39/stamp, they damn well better be self-sufficent. Hell, they better be funding the larger portion of the highway system at those rates.[/quote]

At .41 cents for a first class stamp we are one of the least expensive first class mailing services in the world. I believe in Japan it costs over 1$ to mail a first class letter.

P.

thumb_up.gif
[/quote]
Yea, be kind of hard to deliver a letter across town much less across the country for what a stamp costs..

I use priority mail every day and there is a computer record of every transaction date, address, and value that the system keeps for I think 6 months.. The point of sale user has access to this data.

Sure glad you got your stuff delivered, way stressful I bet...

I have never had a package lost by USPS in the 3 or so years I have been sending medications.

I have had a couple offices/patients call about "missing" packages but a quick logon and check shows the time and date of delivery...

I like USPS because they don't leave my packages out for others to steal. This was the date of the last post before you answered. Posted On: Jan. 11 2006, 9:50 PM  
cool.gif
I know.... The new search tool on this board doesn't allow date ranges for searches like it used to.....
rock.gif

Another flaw Cap needs to work on I guess...
winkold.gif

Unless I am missing something in the search tool......
wowold.gif

P.

Always good to resurrect old posts though.....
deadhorse.gif

And then sometimes when I search I get this:

Ooops an error has occurred
IkonForums has exited with the following error:

Can't query the data from '' Reason: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '30696,16570,6148,60573,57711,31679,56133,60787,60586,53984,61287,60966,60272,608'

This error was reported at: line 1 Query: SELECT t1.*, t2.FORUM_NAME, t3.VIEWED FROM (if_forum_topics t1 JOIN if_forum_info t2 ON t1.FORUM_ID = t2.FORUM_ID) LEFT JOIN if_topic_views t3 ON t1.TOPIC_ID = t3.TOPIC_ID AND t3.MEMBER_ID = '80-1039199206' WHERE t1.TOPIC_ID IN(36102,,30696,16570,6148,60573,57711,31679,56133,60787,60586,53984,61287,60966,60272,608
12,61106,59255,30984,61082,60841,60764,60732)

Please note that your 'real' paths have been removed to protect your information.

Hey you guys leave USPS alone they help pay the bills
around my household my wife is the post lady and a
good one I may add
boxing.gif
fight.gif
laugh.gif

Back