Using the US Postal Service --

Postal

Donating Member
Registered
Using the US Postal Service

Guys & Gals, I have spoken with several of you over the years about issues you may have had using the US Postal Service. Some issues we have been able to clear up, and some we have not unfortunately.

I just wanted to offer some basic tips to you to ensure you get the most for your mailing experience with the USPS, which I believe is still the best bargin in town.

1. When shipping packages via Priority Mail (2-3 day delivery), always request Delivery Confirmation. It is an additional .65 cents. However, Delivery Confirmation only tracks your package to the destination post office, not your recipient's door. So if you want to make sure the package actually gets into their hands, you will need to request Signature Confirmation instead of Delivery Confirmation. Signature Confirmation is slightly higher than Delivery Confirmation.

2. If you are shipping overnight via USPS Express Mail you automatically get signature confirmation included in the price, unless you waive the signature, something I would not recommend.

I have tried to help some of you find lost pacjages, but unfortunately I cannot help if there is no tracking mechanism purchased like Delivery or Signature Confirmation.

Parcel Post is our least expensive shipping option but takes much longer.

Also, please visit the post office at www.usps.com for all of your mailing needs. There is a ton of information there, including how to print postage at home and request a carrier to pick up your package anywhere.

Hope this helps!

P.

cool.gif

beerchug.gif

And might I add, BUY THE FOREVER STAMP NOW...with prices going up like they are, you may as well lock in the cost of sending a letter or bill at the current rate...

Tom,
I'm going to be sending out more and more 8.5x11" documents/envelopes in the mail. I abhore going to the post office, to wait in those inefficient lines to pay and leave.

Is the Click-n-Ship using a CC my best option? Is that CC kept on file so I don't have to pull it out and enter the CC info. every time?

(Over_Easy @ Jul. 25 2007,16:03) Tom,
I'm going to be sending out more and more 8.5x11" documents/envelopes in the mail.  I abhore going to the post office, to wait in those inefficient lines to pay and leave.

Is the Click-n-Ship using a CC my best option?  Is that CC kept on file so I don't have to pull it out and enter the CC info. every time?
Click-N-Ship is your best bet. I don't know if it holds account information, but you can find out on line.

Tom.

(VaBusa @ Jul. 25 2007,14:44)
beerchug.gif

And might I add, BUY THE FOREVER STAMP NOW...with prices going up like they are, you may as well lock in the cost of sending a letter or bill at the current rate...
Yes indeed! The Forever stamps are great! And like Michelle said, this stamp can be used for First Class postage forever, no mater what the rates go up to. And, unfortunately, there is probably another rate increase coming next year. We are still the best deal in town though.

Tom.

(Postal @ Jul. 25 2007,09:44)
(rockadaous @ Jul. 25 2007,15:05) I like the prices.  just don't like the online tracking system.
What is it you don't like about it?

P.
The data is stale. Often times the package arrives while the database is indicatiing its in transit. Just my $0.02.

Have shipped many things USPS. Haven't lost anything.
super.gif

Usually less expensive and faster than UPS.

(Postal @ Jul. 25 2007,09:41)
I'm going to be sending out more and more 8.5x11" documents/envelopes in the mail.  I abhore going to the post office, to wait in those inefficient lines to pay and leave.

Is the Click-n-Ship using a CC my best option?  Is that CC kept on file so I don't have to pull it out and enter the CC info. every time?
Click-N-Ship is your best bet. I don't know if it holds account information, but you can find out on line.

Tom.
C'mon Tom...you are the "Postal"...you are suppose to have ALL the answers.
laugh.gif

BTW are you still selling fairing screens?

(cosmo @ Jul. 25 2007,12:18)
(rockadaous @ Jul. 25 2007,15:05) I like the prices. just don't like the online tracking system.

P.
The data is stale. Often times the package arrives while the database is indicatiing its in transit. Just my $0.02.
+1 on that, tracking data is useless.

I ship a lot with USPS with 99% success.
Click -n- ship is working great.

I`d use UPS or Fedex if shipping something valuable or breakable, USPS handling packages with bulldozer, I think.

Priority and express boxes are free, I love it to the point that I`m sending all small packages by USPS.

I also bough stamps without price on them, does that mean that I will be able to use them when price increased?

(Vic_E55_2001 @ Jul. 25 2007,11:52) Priority and express boxes are free, I love it to the point that I`m sending all small packages by USPS.  

I also bough stamps without price on them, does that mean that I will be able to use them when price increased?
Down the road they'll likely just tell you that they're worthless because they don't have a price on them.
laugh.gif

Maybe you got some rare stamps printed in error that could be worth millions some day...that's how it works.

(Over_Easy @ Jul. 25 2007,18:58)
(Vic_E55_2001 @ Jul. 25 2007,11:52) Priority and express boxes are free, I love it to the point that I`m sending all small packages by USPS.  

Down the road they'll likely just tell you that they're worthless because they don't have a price on them.
laugh.gif

Maybe you got some rare stamps printed in error that could be worth millions some day...that's how it works.
The new Forever stamps are good..... forever for 1st class postage.

P.

(cosmo @ Jul. 25 2007,18:18)
(rockadaous @ Jul. 25 2007,15:05) I like the prices.  just don't like the online tracking system.

P.
That's because the data is uploaded into our PTS (product tracking system) nightly, not real time.

P.

(Over_Easy @ Jul. 25 2007,18:26)
(Postal @ Jul. 25 2007,09:41)

Tom.
C'mon Tom...you are the "Postal"...you are suppose to have ALL the answers.
laugh.gif

BTW are you still selling fairing screens?
Nope, sorry on the screens. You'll have to get with Vic on this board.

P.

Back