Beware of SPAM!

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
These stinkin spyware commies .... I have been getting a ton of mail in my junk box from " webmaster " or "admin" at some of the bike sites I hang out at Busa.org and 2wm.org a file is always attached and a zip file is sometimes attached and I havent opened any. Some emails say " mail delivery failed or registration confirmation or here's your new password and user name" ... NO WAY I am opening a virus bomb!!!! Anyway be careful anyone else having this prob?

I seem to be getting loads of those at the moment, must be the season. Maybe because its so dark and cold outside.

Some are saying "here's my new e-mail address" or "re. your order shipped" etc, etc, etc. allmost all have a 54k zip file. but I aint bitin!
mad.gif

Out on the front lines I've been removing a lot of the latest variation of the Sober virus which fits your description. Make sure you've got a good AV program with current definitions and e-mail scanning turned on.

<marquee><span style='font-family:times'><span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>KEEP ON THE WATCH!</span></span></marquee>

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>The problem is ongoing and actually getting worse! I just got an email tonight from a fellow board member who's personal email addy I have and it had the same attachment. I pm'd him from here and he said he never sent anything like that...

Here's what it looks like :

paper clip for attachment and the title reads :</span>

hi, i've a new email address

content reads :

hey its me, my old address dont work at time. i dont know why?!
in the last days ive got some mails. i' think thaz your mails but im
not sure!

plz read and check ...
cyaaaaaaa

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>meaning they want u to click on the attached zip file. dont do it! </span>
BASTIDS!  
guns.gif

moderator.gif

<!--EDIT|Kento-Moto
Reason for Edit: None given...|1135232583 -->

Email virus. Once executed on the source computer it copies the rolodex/send-to list, attaches a copy of itself and then repeats. Shields up folks.

Now I now why you invited me over  
idea.gif

<!--EDIT|newmill
Reason for Edit: None given...|1135234816 -->

<marquee><span style='font-family:times'><span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>KEEP ON THE WATCH!</span></span></marquee>

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>The problem is ongoing and actually getting worse!  I just got an email tonight from a fellow board member who's personal email addy I have and it had the same attachment. I pm'd him from here and he said he never sent anything like that...

Here's what it looks like :

paper clip for attachment and the title reads :</span>

hi, i've a new email address

content reads :

hey its me, my old address dont work at time. i dont know why?!
in the last days ive got some mails. i' think thaz your mails but im
not sure!

plz read and check ...
cyaaaaaaa

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>meaning they want u to click on the attached zip file.  dont do it!  </span>
BASTIDS!    
guns.gif

moderator.gif
Hey Kent I just realized something. When you forwarded me that email, my screen name was in all lower case letters. My screen name on AOL is in all upper case letters. If you get anything else from me check that.

Email virus. Once executed on the source computer it copies the rolodex/send-to list, attaches a copy of itself and then repeats. Shields up folks.

Now I now why you invited me over  
idea.gif
No real prob yet as I never opened any of those attachments but u can still come by when u have time.

Back