Hate USPS

gstspeedster

Donating Member
Registered
Just found out my girlfriend did not receive her $900.00 Jimmy Choo purse I bought her for X-mas. I insured the package, but guess what.. does me no good since some a...hole stole my wallet the other day and I have no cash receipt for the shipping of the package. Post Office tells me I'm sh.. out of luck. Should of shipped it Fed Ex or something at least they can track it by you name.. Wow what a concept.
Anyhow I had to vent...
So If anyone has any type of inside info that can help out my situation please let me know. I'm going to see if I can do any good by just doing the lost mail route. NO wonder they call it going postal!!! Thanks everyone..

If you have any of the mailing info such as the receipt, go back to where you shipped it from, they can reprint the receipt.Then you can haver them do a investigation.I use the post office almost exclusively with no poblems yet,and I buy a lot of stuff.

If you have any of the mailing info such as the receipt, go back to where you shipped it from, they can reprint the receipt.Then you can haver them do a investigation.I use the post office almost exclusively with no poblems yet,and I buy a lot of stuff.
Thats just it, I don't have any receipt or the insurance slip. They were both in my wallet. You think its still possible to have to receipt reprinted?

Thats just it, I don't have any receipt or the insurance slip. They were both in my wallet. You think its still possible to have to receipt reprinted?
They definitely can reprint the receipt, you just need to know the date and aproximate time you paid.When you go the post office, bypass the people up front and ask to speak to the postmaster, he'll hook you up.

They definitely can reprint the receipt, you just need to know the date and aproximate time you paid.When you go the post office, bypass the people up front and ask to speak to the postmaster, he'll hook you up.
Thanks.. I'll run down there and try it out.

I always ship FedEx. Cheaper, faster, and all that stuff is covered. USPS just sucks for anything but mail.

I always thought it would be interesting to start another "mail" company to compete with the USPS. Would it be allowed? I would think one could clean up.. but man, what an investment that would be.
sad.gif

Damn them all to hell. The people at the Post Office looked like I was friggin retarded when I asked them about reprinting a receipt, they had no idea what I was talking about. They told me I was S.O.L. and just to wait and see if the package shows up at the intended address. What a bunch of crap. The Post Master wasn't in, but the supervisor, nor anyone else, had any information that it was even remotely possible. I dunno if it because of a small town or what?? Guess I'm screwed..

The attitude and accountability of the USPS is why there is a FEDEX and UPS. Without Billion$ in direct tax support they'd be long gone.

Ya know, with all my years overseas being forced to use USPS because of the military postal system, I've never had a single problem. My parents, however, have the worst luck with them. The latest was the package they mailed to me back in August still hasn't shown up...

well considering there is lots of gifts during Christmas and Holidays... the mail will be slower..so it may still make it..

also, there has to be some paper trail.. it just might be very difficult.. but go again when supervisior is there and give them as much detail as possible, time.. insurance amount..etc.

good luck.
by the way. who the heck is the Jimmy Choo Choo

well, dunno what if anything he could do but you might try a PM to Postal... go figure where he works
wink.gif
cool.gif

POSTAL CAME THROUGH!!!
I pm'd postal and asked if he could help me out on the missing package. After days of fighting with the local Post Office to help me out. Postal had found the package within about a day!! OOORAAWWW!! Thanks again POSTAL!!!

I`m glag they found it... USPS sucks indeed.

If you paid with credit card they can always track a receipt..

After days of fighting with the local Post Office to help me out. Postal had found the package within about a day!! [/QUOTE]
What does that tell ya?

Back