Has anyone takin off front decals on a 05?

shimmyz

Donating Member
Registered
I have a 05 red/black. Was thinking about taking off the front decals (the ones on either side of the headlight). Has anyone done this? I think it would look sweet but I'm affraid to try it without seeing it first. Some pics would be great. Thanks

Which decals are you referring to? Did I miss something on the 05s?

here's a pic

busagarage.JPG

Oh, the red/gray stripes. Are they under clearcoat? If there's a base coat under it here's what it may look like.

untitled.jpg

I dont think id do it. The front of the bike is black heavy as it is, those stripes help even it out. Now if added some black to the rear seat cowl at the same time ..say like 80% of it, then you might be onto something.
smile.gif

that would look better.... then smoke the turn signals...

... then stretch it, slam it, stageII turbo,carbon fiber seat,.... sorry.. got a lil excited...
wink.gif

I guess that second pic was photoshoped, doesnt that show you what it will look like,
Alot better IMO, I dont like stickers, the less the better, That's why Im wainting for the LE, no stickers at all, solid color !

Mine has no decals on the front, but the front got a crack in it, and I have a replacement coming with the decals this time.

I intend to leave the decals on. The bike looks nice if it were MORE black, - but to me, with that big black front end, - the stripes break it up and I will leave them on.

PICT0018cc800.jpg

Oh, the red/gray stripes.  Are they under clearcoat?  If there's a base coat under it here's what it may look like.
BigBSBusa,thanks for the photochop. It looks great from the angle of the pic I gave you. Seeing HayaVegas's pic makes me wonder though. My computer skills are new and they suck so I will explain my Idea in the next post.

HayaVegas, thanks for the pic I agree with what you said about to much black up front. The angle of the your pic really shows the all black front. BentValve I agree with you also (without the stripes, add black on the hump). Now I'm thinking........How about removing the the stripes and getting a red windscreen? BigBSBusa can you hook me up with a photo chop of HayaVegas's bike pic with a red windscreen? Please
blush.gif

post_6_51484_PICT0018cc800.jpg

Here is a shot of a guys bike over on SH.org. Its not a very good shot but its the best I could find of it. He took the stickers of the nose and I think it looks alot better.

busa3.jpg

busa1.jpg

Back