Right lower decal is boiling off

sccrvettel82

I've been quiet lately...Don't m
Donating Member
Registered
On the lower right side faring, the factory decal is bubbling off the plastic. Will they replace this under warranty? The bike has 4,000 miles on it and has never seen anything other than Meguairs soap, polish, and wax. WTF. Is anyone else having this problem?

Never heard of that before, but yea, they should replace it for FREE ! And by the way, maybe it's a new way to take your stickers off for a clean looking bike
laugh.gif

heard of it, but haven't heard of it happening often.

Man...it's a pity that the quality of the cosmetics of the Busa seem to have deteriorated as it progessed through the years.

You don't hear about any of the 99-03 owners being stuck with probs like this. Seems to be afflicting 04-06 owners.

So much for BNG, I guess.

You know... i washed my bike this weekend and noticed two bubbles in the right fairing decal going into the large bottom hole. I'm not to happy about it at all and have been thinking about taking it to the dealership and seeing if i can get a replacement or something... mine is a black/grey 05

i want to say when i had my 00 plastics, the decals were clear coated in....now i have 04 plastics and the stickers are on top of the clear, easy to peel off.....sux if you ask me
rock.gif

i want to say when i had my 00 plastics, the decals were clear coated in....now i have 04 plastics and the stickers are on top of the clear, easy to peel off.....sux if you ask me
rock.gif
i wish they were clear coated cause i've notice the last few washes that i'm getting all kinds of dings and chips in the leading edge of the fairing behind the front wheel.... its all depressing to think about but there is nothing i can do. I bought it to ride and thats what i'm doing so i thinking that if i try to do something about this "bubble" i have in my decal that it will probably be chalked up to normal wear and tear with my luck!

Was happening on my 05 Black/Grey also. I would have made a complaint before my warranty expired if it hadn't got wrecked out.
It was also on the right panel only.
Seemed like heat blistering to me from heat off the headers.

Was the header moved for the newer models to cause this to happen? I have an '05 and am trying to think of ways to be proactive, since I'm usually in the 1% that has issues anyway.. Murphy who?

BUSAFETT

I had the same thing but on the left side right by the opening on the fairing... F'ing paint has bubbled in there... You can actually feel that it seperated from the plastic... Took it to the dealership and they pretty much laughed at me.
Good luck and let everyone know if they give you satisfaction.

Back