Has anyone shaved their seat?

Exhaust Fumes

Registered
The Hayabusa seat feels a little wide for me. The balls of my feet can touch the ground but i'd like to be a little lower. Has anyone shaved their seat? If so how much did this help with height?

Someone did it for me. Easily a 1.5" drop.

T-O-B-I-N seats

DSCN0360.jpg

Someone did it for me. Easily a 1.5" drop.

T-O-B-I-N seats

DSCN0360.jpg

I have the same seats, I love em. you can definately feel the height difference. I'm 6'4", but i have had people 5'5" sit on the bike an even they noticed it was easier to sit or even stand when on the bike....got mine from Ballzmotorsports.

Seats.jpg

I'm not knockin the New Image seat, but it's not for everyone. I sit back and use the whole seat, can't do that with that hump at the back. I like Corbins, best seat ever, had them on other bikes too. My Corbin is regular height, but they will sha:thumbsup:ve them down when they make it if you want, $289 shipped.

I have the same seats, I love em. you can definately feel the height difference. I'm 6'4", but i have had people 5'5" sit on the bike an even they noticed it was easier to sit or even stand when on the bike....got mine from Ballzmotorsports.

How do the seats from New Image feel? Are they a lot more comfortable?

i have a new image seat...

logged 2194 miles in 3 days on it.....

no complaints here

How do the seats from New Image feel? Are they a lot more comfortable?

The stock seat, you sit ON the seat. The Tobin/New Image seat- you sit IN the seat. Not sure if that makes much sense but for that have them (a lot of us), likely does.

Have done 500 mile days on the Tobin, it's comfy for travel. :thumbsup:

Img_2690_tobin_850.jpg

Img_0244-pashnit.jpg

Driveway7a.jpg

Img_2690_tobin_850.jpg

Img_0244-pashnit.jpg

Driveway7a.jpg

I had a New Image but couldn't get used to the raised part rubbing the butt. I have a Corbin now and love it.

yes, and i did it because the stock seat was killing my groin on long hauls. i dropped in a gel insert (6"x 12") and slapped the stock vinyl back on so to speak. you could help your situation by carving as much foam needed to gain a lower and better riding position at a relatively low cost.

Yep! I removed the stock seat cover and carved out a 1" slice of foam. A 4" grinder with a pearl disk ( a paddle style sanding disk ) was used to smooth out the seat. A seat cover I bought off ebay was stappled back in the place of the orginal cover
SNC10609-1.jpg

Back