Has anyone ever had a hip replacement?

If its the pain your worried about just shot your self in the foot, but use a small caliber, to keep the damage low! :whistle::laugh::whistle::laugh:

Thought I'd bump this with a little update. Went back to the doc yesterday, and after getting new xrays, etc, I'm going to need the surgery before next year. They are going to do a hip "re-surfacing" they call it.
Basically I'll get a new socket and they'll "fix" the ball part.

It won't last as long as a full replacement and the rehab is twice as long as a full replacement but there will be no limitations on what I can do afterwards..

Looks like this will last about 10-15 years and then I'll need a full replacement. But I figure with my son, the first 15 years will be the most active for me..

Having another Cortisone shot this Friday and if it works, I'll be scheduling my surgery for sometime in November. If the shot doesn't help, I'm probably looking at sometime in Sept or even August..

Still pretty freaked about it.. :down:

I am sorry you're having to deal with this at such a young age, but you'll do fine. I had back surgery at age 35 and thought that was the end of me ever feeling normal, had two young sons...not sure how the recovery time is on something like this, but I know it was a good year before I felt "normal" again with my back issues, but that didn't keep me from riding.

Just make sure you have a great doc and someone you trust, and if there's rehab involved, stick with it religiously as ordered.

Keep us posted! If you end up with a bum hip for life, while that's something someone like me would definitely pick on you for as an easy, barely-able-to-move-or-run-from-me target, I really wouldn't wish that on too many people in this world...I hope it all goes smoothly and that you'll be back to feeling great again!

:)

I feel kinda woozie from such a sappy post to Bots...bleck....

Well a friend of mine here in San Rafael, Just had a hip replacement within the last two weeks. Eight days after surgery he was on his sportster bober riding short rides. He is 67 and been fighting cancer for the last twelve years. I was driving by this café were we meet for rides and there he was. So a hip replace is no big deal.
A lady friend had both of hers done within the last two years and doing fine.

Back