Has anyone ever had a hip replacement?

GsxrBots

Motorboatin' Moonpies, Gangnam Style
Registered
Please let me know if you have and how it went.

I got the news tonight that I need this done. Are my riding days behind me? Not ideal news for someone with a newborn. :banghead:

Getting a cortisone injection next week they say it might help for 6 months or so, but a replacement is inevitable.. :down:

I'd like to hear all stories, etc that people might have since I don't know anyone who's had to have this done. :please:

Please let me know if you have and how it went.

I got the news tonight that I need this done. Are my riding days behind me? Not ideal news for someone with a newborn. :banghead:

Getting a cortisone injection next week they say it might help for 6 months or so, but a replacement is inevitable.. :down:

I'd like to hear all stories, etc that people might have since I don't know anyone who's had to have this done. :please:

Steve PM me your number, I will have Dawn call you tomorrow. She may have some info for you.

Is a hip replacement the end of your riding career? NO!

One of my closest friends "Mike Sullivan" is 54 yrs of age with both hips replaced. Sully has raced motorcycles for the past 35+ years. Sully held multiple track records from time to time and carried the number "1" plate here in the NW more than any other rider. Sully still runs his Race School "Sullivanraceschool.com" and embarrasses all but a few of the top tier riders. He recently had his photo in Road Racing World dragging his elbow at our new local track "The Ridge". Sully is not just fast, he is blazing fast!

So, a hip replacement should have no effect on your motorcycle adventures. Sully had the second hip replacement last winter. He was up walking around with a walker the next day. Was in the hospital only two days. He gimps a little with his walk but does everything anyone else does except riding a motorcycle. He does that a whole lot better than most. :bowdown:

You will do just fine and much healthier after you get that hip replaced! :thumbsup:

my buddy raced on a ski team in college and damaged his hip over the years from repeated gate smashing. he had a hip replacement at age 39 and skis today like he did when he was 20.

the rehab is a couple of months and its no walk in the park but he skis, mountain bikes and runs perfectly fine now. before he could hardly walk without severe pain. I would not sweat that at all!

I had a family member that had to have a double but wasn't in good enough health to get it right away. He said the pain in recovery was a relief compared to the pain of living without it. He is doing well and recovered well. Bout all I got.

Thanks guys! I've been in quite a bit of pain for several months. Some may remember me complaining even at the Spring Bash about it. I'm glad to know that the pain will be gone, and yet I can still continue everything afterwards.. This means quite a bit to me guys, I was having a tough time thinking about it... :beerchug:

amazing what they can do today, don't wait just get it done, cortizone only masks the problem and deteriorates bone mass. Get it done and avoid quality of life loss, our days are numbered don't waste them in pain.

I hope you're able to have the Anterior method done, it's minimally invasive, quick (3 weeks) recovery, one night stay in hospital. Here's some info on it, East Coast Orthopaedics - Patient Education: Anterior Approach to Total Hip Replacement Surgery , tons more on the web. I'll be having mine Jan 28th. I'm way overdue for this, and looking forward to it. I haven't been able to ride for more than a few hours at a time, for the last 5 years, and it's much worse now. I'm looking forward to riding all day again! Good luck with yours!

Insert encouraging words here. :laugh:

Looks like you'll be good to go man, get it done soon so Bity Bots doesn't leave ya behind when he starts walking :thumbsup:

And remember, her hips don't lie, so.. umm... I don't know, figured I could sneak a shakira pic in somehow.

tumblr_l02t8g9vc61qzgwru.jpg

tumblr_l02t8g9vc61qzgwru.jpg

My daughter has one from a car accident when she was i high school, it will slow down just while it heals. Be prepared, they most likely will have up and walking the same day, or the next.
By no means it is the end of your riding, you find out the opposite.

If you have to do it do it now. That way you don't waste any riding time next year. :thumbsup:

That way when Katie and i come back up to Wisconson next year we will have someone as slow as us to ride with. :laugh:

Holy cow bots, I thought you were a young pup like me, (31) a hip replaced already, dang sorry to hear.

Although at my age I'm pretty beat up to, 2 back surgeries, carpal tunnel surgery both hands done, torn cuff.

Good luck, sounds like it could be a good thing in the long run. Only advice do it before your little Chuck Norris starts walking or Momma is really going to have her hands full with you two. :thumbsup:

My 85 year old granny was up and walking the next morning so Im sure you'll be fine. The sooner you get it done the better you will be. Like others have said...Holly is going to have a hell of a time trying to take care of a crawling and/or walking baby and trying to take care of you too.

I hate to hear that you need this done, but it sounds like you'll be just fine!! :thumbsup:

Did they say anything about needing that lobotomy? :whistle:

Taylor, I'm 37 and they really can't explain why its this bad. :banghead:

Still happy to hear all these replies. It makes me feel quite a bit better about the whole thing... :beerchug:

Put on the dam Big Girl panties, and you'll be fine you dam woman! :moon::moon:
Taylor, I'm 37 and they really can't explain why its this bad. :banghead:

Still happy to hear all these replies. It makes me feel quite a bit better about the whole thing... :beerchug:

Back